The s300 is a plug in module to the OBD1 factory Honda Engine Computer (ECU) which
vastly expands the capabilities of the factory ECU. Forced induction,
datalogging, real time updating of parameters, engine protection are but a few
of the s300 features.
Note that there is a rectangular frame ECU version of the s300 and a square
frame ECU version (s300J)
It has come to our attention that a small number counterfeit
S300s (green circuit board) are being sold used. Protect
yourself from purchasing a
s300/s300j Price, availability and Options
||s300/s300j with all features and software
||upgrade from staged system/s100/s200 to s300/s300j with all features and software
(use this form)
||upgrade from old s300 to new s300 V2 (use this
Optional Coil Pack Retrofit $395
New features for Version 2:
digital input. (datalogging only)
security to help identify and prevent theft
Datalogging memory doubled in size
for up to 2 hours recording.
- Non battery memory backup for greater reliability and longer life.
- On board calibration storage.
- Fits inside the ECU
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- SManager Windows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration
uploading and datalogging.
- Real-time updating of ECU parameters & tables.
- Built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory (8 MB memory, 20-240 minutes datalogging) with trigger conditions.
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to at 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from over boost.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost
and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
- Supports lambda tracing from a wideband o2 (PLX wideband recommended)
- PWM output for boost control with fixed or gear based boost.
- Dual tables for high/low octane calibrations etc.
- Two analog inputs for wideband, EGTs etc.
- High and low speed 24 x 20 ignition and fuel tables for correct VTEC tuning
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut or fuel and ignition cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Full throttle shift
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Secondary intake runner control
- Adjustable idle speed
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Shift light
- Closed loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Water temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- A/C shutoff conditions
- Closed loop
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or
The s300 uses different connecting pins in the ECU from the s100/s200, and also has a slot cut in the side for the
USB connector, so the ECU must be modified for use with the s300.
The s300 uses a high speed USB connection for both programming calibrations
and datalogging. No more USB/serial connectors!
The s300 can be updated in real-time with the engine running without affecting the operation of the vehicle. This means that calibrations and changes can be uploaded to the ECU very quickly (2 seconds for a new calibration, a fraction of a second for anything else), without interrupting the operation of the engine. Changes made in the SManager software are uploaded to the ECU instantly and you can see the effect immediately. The s300 does not use an EEPROM or equivalent, so you never need to open the ECU to change chips nor 'burn' ROMs. No EPROM programmer is necessary - you just need a laptop with USB port.
The s300 has datalogging to the SManager software built in via the USB port.
Using a laptop the various ECU sensors can be datalogged, viewed, graphed and
saved for later analysis.
Additionally the s300 has on board flash memory which allows a datalog
recordings to be made without a laptop, for later access and download to a
laptop. Multiple recordings can be made and stored in the s300 for a total
of around 40 minutes of total datalogging time. An external switch can be
used to start and stop recordings, or engine conditions can trigger recording.
For instance in a drag race, the s300 can be set to start recording once the rpm
is bought up to near launch rpm and automatically stop once past the traps and
the rpm drops below a certain level.
MAP Sensor Compatibility
Any linear MAP sensor can be used, using a scalar and offset to translate the
MAP sensor characteristics into pressure. Popular MAP sensor settings are
built in for ease of setup. To do this you will need the map sensor
calibration numbers from the manufacturer of the sensor.
Details on preparing the ECU can be found
here. It is
strongly recommended that you have this professionally installed as this is more
difficult to install than an s200 and if the ECU has been previously socketed
you run an even higher risk of damaging the ECU (lifting tracks and or burning
Why buy the s300 over the competition?
- Hondata has been the market leader in Honda ECU re-programming for over a dozen years, and is the innovator in
the market. We are the only company to offer comprehensive support (email, phone and forum) for products we sell,
and have a full time, professional development team. This means quicker response to support questions and
higher quality software. We also are the only true company operating in the market - we are no going to suddenly
stop development and support of out products, leaving our customers with a worthless investment.
- Hardware. The s300 is the only hardware specifically designed for a Honda ECU. This means the s300 fits
straight into the ECU without any jumper wires or adapters and the USB cable plug is accessible without needing to
remove the ECU lid. The s300 is also more securely fastened with multiple support posts.
- More hardware. The s300 has analog inputs which are useable without surface mount soldering skills.
It also is the only product using the latest battery-less non-volatile emulation technology, and anti-theft features
built right into the hardware.
- Software. Our software is the easiest to use and has the greatest number of features to help you tune your
vehicle. Many tuners charge less to customers who use our software because it is quicker and easier to use
than any other software.
s300j Specific Notes
PCS output is not present on the JDM ECUs and cannot be used for nitrous
controls. All other inputs and outputs are present and can be used for
nitrous controls. Boost control uses a different output pin on the JDM ECU.