A10 output for VTEC?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
PFITR

A10 output for VTEC?

Post by PFITR »

I have a 1998 Integra Type-R with turbo and S300.

I wanted a led to light up when vtec was activated, so I wired it to s300 A10 connector. In smanager VTEC window, I configured "Enable aditional vtec output", and choosed "A10 (extra output)" in the combo box.

It looked good in smanager, sensors window, A10 box was on and off as expected, but my led was off all the time. I tried "invert output" parameter, and A10 still behaved as expected in smanager (showing on when vtec was off), but my led was off all the time.

I ended up hooking it directly to A4 (VTS), and it seems to work fine, but I'm still wondering why it didn't work with A10. Did I miss something?

Thanks,
Paulo Feliciano.
Lisbon - Portugal.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

PFITR

analog input 1 question

Post by PFITR »

I missed that, but for now I'm going to leave it with VTS, seems to be working OK.

But now, I have another issue:
On the same ocasion, I also connected a Phormula KS4 knock sensor (http://www.phormula.co.uk/KnockMonitor-KS-4.aspx) to analog input 1 in S300 (I had to mount the 0.1uF capacitor in C42). This knock sensor displays the engine noise as a 0-100 value and outputs an analog 0-5v output to connect to logging systems. It was working, I was able to immediately pick the KS4 signal in smanager, showing a minimum 0.2v and going up as engine noise increased.

Problem is, after a few minutes, the signal from analog input 1 in s300 gets lower and lower, and eventually will stick to zero, even when the KS4 displays high noise levels. I mean, after 5-6 minutes, I get a fixed 0v analog input from s300, no matter the value displayed in KS4.

Turning ignition off and on doesn't cure it, but if I try again the next day it will be fine for another few minutes, but will get stuck to zero after a while.

I hope any of you s300 experts could tell me what is going on, and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks.