Flashpro&2011 Civic EX AT

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Garnetlake

Flashpro&2011 Civic EX AT

Post by Garnetlake »

My kid has been bugging me for this unit and i do love to tinker but can anyone say for certain what real performance gains will be realized using this software. Not really looking for miracles, but smoother more sophisticated maybe. Engine is still all stock. Any tips greatly apprreciated.
Father & Son dealio.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Flashpro&2011 Civic EX AT

Post by Hondata »

There are no huge performance gains on a stock engine, but the part throttle and mid range is better with higher octane fuel and the 'tuned' calibration from FlashPro.
Hondata
Garnetlake

Post by Garnetlake »

So if I understand correctly we can tune some of the hesitation and flat spots out of this car that Honda says are "normal" using this software? Will it help if we do the short ram intake and throttle body spacer he wants to put on it as well?
Thanks for the input
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Throttle body spacer make no performance difference; there may be a small performance gain from the intake, but the flip side is that aftermarket intakes always alter the air flow meter reading (up to 35%!), so that the vehicle needs tuning. Also, short ram intakes often lose power over stock (from the hot air), so cold air intakes are recommended.
Sorry if this is coming over a bit negative - our R18 here runs alot better with the FlashPro, especially if you go from 87 octane to 91 octane fuel.
Hondata
Garnetlake

Post by Garnetlake »

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. So the best results we would see with a stock motor is the addition of the flash pro along with the bump up to a higher octane fuel? Is this something that can be restored to factory defaults for emissions inspections and future resale? Another question i had was if the flash pro can help with the transmissions shifting points for this car? Thanks again for the honest input.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes - FlashPro plus higher octane fuel will work ok. Emissions are not affected, but you can reflash back to stock if you wish. We cannot change the transmission shift points.
Hondata
Garnetlake

Post by Garnetlake »

Got it, engine will run more smoothly and a little stronger though? Tuning it with the flshpro will avoid any damage in using the higher octane and cold starts and such won't be affected? Which model flashpro would be best for what we are working with now? Is it a unit that can be used should we install a turbo kit down the road a bit?
Thnks for the time. I would rather learn something new than simply bolting various products onto the car.
G&M
Garnetlake

Post by Garnetlake »

To my understanding flashpro has certain maps that work with certain intakes and other bolt ons. How do these function compared to a real tuner using the data logging function and creating a custom tune? Assuming i dont go for a cheap tune and find someone well recommended and knowledgable.
G&M

Thanks for your speedy responses btw!
Garnetlake

Post by Garnetlake »

Hondata wrote:Throttle body spacer make no performance difference; there may be a small performance gain from the intake, but the flip side is that aftermarket intakes always alter the air flow meter reading (up to 35%!), so that the vehicle needs tuning. Also, short ram intakes often lose power over stock (from the hot air), so cold air intakes are recommended.
Sorry if this is coming over a bit negative - our R18 here runs alot better with the FlashPro, especially if you go from 87 octane to 91 octane fuel.
Okay today we put in the K&N Typhoon intake and I have to say though while there were no great gains power-wise as you indicated it has enhanced every aspect of the way the car performs. I have to eat my words on this one (with my son) because I have only seen these products in the past which made little to no difference at all. We passed on the throttle spacer. If we get the Flashpro can it be used to further enhance these performance gains by tuning? Now It has better mid range, smoother shifting and dramatically smoother idle. If the Flashpro can further dial this in I will certainly go for it. Please let me know your thoughts and whether I can use the same unit with my daughter's 09 SI.
Much Obliged
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I would not be surprised if the intake has altered the AF considerably, which may not be a good thing.

You can only use one FlashPro on one vehicle at a time, and there are two different FlashPro models for the R18 and Si, so you're going to have to use two FlashPros for those two vehicles.
Hondata