Which model and options to choose

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
turbolude7

Which model and options to choose

Post by turbolude7 »

ive got an 01 prelude with an fmax kit what do i need other then the base s200 with boost option and injectors ?? and can someone give me a price on the total of what all i would need to get . thanks i need to get this issue resolved asap
Carchitect

Post by Carchitect »

Along with the S200 w/boost you will need a OBD1 ECU like a P28/P30/P72/P61 or a P74 w/vtec converstion from hondata. You will also need a adaptor cable from OBD2 to OBD1. As far as injectors I would recommend at least 550 cc/min injectors. If the injectors are a low resistance injectors then you will need a injector resistor box from an early OBD0 model vehicle like a civic or integra. Also if you plan on going with over 11psi boost you will need to upgrade to a GM 3 bar map sensor.

The system will only work on a base model 5 sp prelude. The auto can't be controlled with a OBD1 ECU yet. The type-SH uses an ATTS system which also can't be controlled by a OBD1 ECU yet.

If you plan on tuning the vehicle your self you will need the datalogging option with the S200 system.

I would highly suggest looking on Hondata's web site to find a dealer close to you and consult with them. They will be able to help you better. For tuning a car it is very detrimental to use a wideband O2 and dyno tune to get the ignition timing right.

Joe
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want
08 IS350 Sport Package, Levinson, Nav, Radar cruise.
94 JZA80 6speed undergoing major weight reduction AKA 911 GT2 killer.
90 DA9 B18C5 retired auto-Xer