DBW to Cable Throttle

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
SimplicityAudio

DBW to Cable Throttle

Post by SimplicityAudio »

Good day, I tried searching the forum for an answer before asking this but I couldn't find a solution.

I have a 2005 Accord with a cable TB and I changed the engine and transmission to that from the TSX (3-lobe VTEC) with DBW

Since the K24 from the TSX comes with DBW, I reused my cable TB and old ECU.
I would like to put the TSX ECU in but I will have problems seeing that I am not using the DBW Throttle body ( or so I believe)

My Question is, Can I use the FlashPRO or anything else to fix this in the TSX ECU? (Change from DBW to cable TB)
I want to use the TSX ECU because the transmission is different from my original transmission and I didn't want to have any problems with the gears changing

I am clueless about these stuff so excuse me if my question was a stupid one...

Oh BTW, I live in the Caribbean so the 2005 Accord original engine was the K20A7
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: DBW to Cable Throttle

Post by Spunkster »

No we do not offer anything that will allow you to do this type of change. You will have to use a normal throttle body.
SimplicityAudio

Post by SimplicityAudio »

Thanks Spunkster, by "use a normal TB" do you mean to use the DBW TB? Because then I will have to convert everything else in the car to facilitate the DBW (pedals etc)

I would have just used the cable TB with the K20A7 ECU but then I may have shifting problems with the transmission because it also came with the K24 (I'm assuming that the ECU also controls the shifting in the transmission)
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We do not offer any tuning solutions for this type of swap. You will have to use what works best in your situation.