Can I use a flash pro on a 2019 leased civic hatchback

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
mattaleo@hotmail.com

Can I use a flash pro on a 2019 leased civic hatchback

Post by mattaleo@hotmail.com »

Hi,
I just leased a 2019 civic hatchback, and would like to purchase a flash pro. My concern is, the automotive shop that sells them, says that the newer hondas ECU records when it has been flashed. So, even if I flash it back to stock before I bring the car back at the end of the lease, Honda will be able to see that it was modified.
Does anyone know if this is true? Will the ECU of a 2019 civic hold the imprint of a previous flash?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Can I use a flash pro on a 2019 leased civic hatchback

Post by Spunkster »

I am not aware of it storing this information.
snavelkar

Post by snavelkar »

There is no evidence presented (by Honda or other users) that there is a counter on the ECU. Go ahead and flash the car - enjoy it! When your lease is up, return the settings back to factory.
2018 Accord 2.0T Sport | PRL Stage 1 Intake | PRL Downpipe | Hondata FlashPro | SiriMoto E85 FlexFuel Kit
skaterguy1986

Post by skaterguy1986 »

As someone who works as a tech at the dealer I have found a way to see if the car has been reflashed. Things that have been altered like MAF scaling or even switching the car to speed density will cause sensor values to not show in the iHDS software as if the car isn't equipped with the MAF sensor. Also found that some things sharing that 5v rail in the ECU circuit would not show, FTP (fuel tank pressure) was missing from the data list.

The average dummy may not notice this but it's something I was able to pick up on. As long as you return the ECU to stock before giving the car back no one should know. I don't get why you'd wanna spend money on a car you're renting that isn't yours.