Has anyone managed to get FlashPro working with Harry's Laptimer yet?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
jeffx

Has anyone managed to get FlashPro working with Harry's Laptimer yet?

Post by jeffx »

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but the non-Hondata forum is now locked, so I wasn't sure where the best place to post this question would be. Also, I found a thread on this topic in the non-Hondata forum, but it's 5+ years old and there wasn't a solution posted so I'm asking again.

Has anyone managed to get the Flashpro to work as an Engine Sensor on Harry's Laptimer yet? Theoretically since it is ELM327 compatible it should work using the Custom BTLE OBD setting but I have not successfully managed to get it to show up in a scan.

In the expert settings I have tried both settings for ELM327 type underneath CUSTOM OBD ADAPTER

and in the CUSTOM BTLE OBD ADAPTER section of the expert settings I have set the Peripheral Name as FlashPro and have tried various things for the UUID (including the UUID associated with the FlashPro according to a BLE scanner app), all to no avail.

It would be ideal if I could use the FlashPro as an Engine Sensor (vs my wifi OBDII dongle) because I could simultaneously datalog while also providing the sensor data for the video overlay on HLT, so I'm hoping someone has figured this out or knows how to get it going.

Alternatively, does anyone know if I could use the FlashPro in RaceChrono or TrackAddict or any one of the alternatives to Harry's Laptimer? As a last resort, would RaceRender even work?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Has anyone managed to get FlashPro working with Harry's Laptimer yet?

Post by Hondata »

'Non-Hondata' seemed to have been locked inadvertently so I have unlocked it.

ELM327 is a horrible protocol which is not well-defined or consistent. When I added emulation I got to the point where I had to add a lot of special code to emulate the bugs in the protocol, which stopped me from going any further. Also I believe the large number of knock off ELM327 chips makes it worse, but that is not the problem in your case.

Good luck.
Hondata
SlowTeg

Re: Has anyone managed to get FlashPro working with Harry's Laptimer yet?

Post by SlowTeg »

I'd be interested in getting a flashpro datalog working with racerender as an input file. I imagine it would be similar to HLT. HLT generates an output file (csv) that gets fed into racerender. Same for racechrono. For flashpro datalogs they can be exported to a csv file. So, really you just need to combine the two csv files and sync them according to time (which is obviously tricky in itself). First things first is figuring out the formats. Does anyone know what the Time column represents for Racechrono? Is it every 1 ms? It looks like the flashpro datalog varies a bit from every 4-6ms the frame it captures. Thanks.