Hondata ECU for 00-05 S2000

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, the lean cut only works with a factory wideband at this time.
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

Okay, so I know that the stock S2000 narrowband is going into the secondary input on the Kpro. Is there anyway to wire-up a different wideband and feed it into the primary input on the Kpro and use it to allow datalogging and lean/boost protection ?

I am glad that you guys got the Kpro working for the S2k, I just was hoping to use the same functionality that is available with the RSX.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

At this time you can datalog the aftermarket wideband input, but you cannot use it for closed loop wideband operation or for lean protection. At some poin twe will look into the possibility of this, but there is no promise that it will work or is even possible.
Garrett_si

Post by Garrett_si »

The best way still using the 02-04 RSX 02 sensor 8)
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

Garrett_si wrote:The best way still using the 02-04 RSX 02 sensor 8)

Which is basically impossible according to previous threads that hondata has commented in.
Garrett_si

Post by Garrett_si »

JustinC wrote:

Which is basically impossible according to previous threads that hondata has commented in.
Using the ELD input NO

but using OEM RSX input yes it's will work

http://hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21937#21937
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Garrett_si wrote:
JustinC wrote:

Using the ELD input NO

This is correct...however you will have to figure out the wiring and the added relays yourself.
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

Spunkster wrote:
Garrett_si wrote:
JustinC wrote:
Using the ELD input NO

This is correct...however you will have to figure out the wiring and the added relays yourself.
Well is it even possible considering you change the connector on the end of the ECU. Do you guys provide the new pinout configuration ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You would have to wire it directly to the ecu pins on the ecu itself, this is not something we support.
d-j

Post by d-j »

Spunkster wrote: At some point we will look into the possibility of this, but there is no promise that it will work or is even possible.

Any update on this?
I am willing to be the guinea pig.

Edit: 3+ months; installed in Sept-2007; still running strong.
dmramos

Post by dmramos »

did you get the s2000 kpro to work with the rsx wideband? if so, would you be kind enough to share what exactly you did
JustinC

Post by JustinC »

Well the problem is they did not just rewire the ecu to work with the S2000 there is actually a small processor and diodes and resistors on the adapter board. They would need to tell us if it is possible. I am willing to solder on the board if they tell me 100% it will work if the same circuit is in place as in the RSX.
killer2239

Post by killer2239 »

Any update on the wideband situation? Im looking at investing into kpro in the upcoming months. I currently already have a wideband plx, but if i will have to use an rsx o2 sensor to use the wideband features and for closed loop then i will sell it and go that route when i do the full setup.
2004 Honda S2000
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Get a PLX. Wire the PLX narrow band output into the primary o2 sensor, or leave in the stock o2 sensor. Wide the PLX wideband output into the ELD input. You can then datalog & graph the air/fuel.
Hondata
killer2239

Post by killer2239 »

Hondata wrote:Get a PLX. Wire the PLX narrow band output into the primary o2 sensor, or leave in the stock o2 sensor. Wide the PLX wideband output into the ELD input. You can then datalog & graph the air/fuel.
If i want to go the route of using the tune features of the wideband for closed loop and to get rid of the plx box, i could have the rsx wideband wired in though right and have full function?
2004 Honda S2000