s2k toda reflash 4.2-6.4k rpm vtec window?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
thesilverbullet

s2k toda reflash 4.2-6.4k rpm vtec window?

Post by thesilverbullet »

hondata, I have the toda reflash (MY07) with a 4,200 - 6,400 rpm vtec window. do i have a freak reflash? or do both reflashes now have a 6,400 upper limit and your site has not been updated to reflect these changes?
'23 RDX SH-AWD
'07 S2K w/ JVT header, Berk 3" header back w/ TP Exhaust, AEM V3 CAI & Flashpro
'02 RSX-S w/cai/exhaust/dcrh/kpro - SOLD
AP2F22C

Post by AP2F22C »

Just recently got my ECU back (last Wednesday), sent it off to Church Monday last week, they in turn brought it over to you on Tuesday and it was flashed. Supposedly with the Toda flash that I requested. However, now that I am back in Guam (as of early Sunday am) and I installed the ECU back into the car, I honestly don't know if VTEC is actually engaging at 4200rpms (there is no audible tone difference), though later when it gets into the mid 5000s there is a slight change in the tone. I know it was reflashed for sure as the revlimit has been increased as now even though the meter still blinks as if it were hitting the revlimiter when I shift the car does not fall under 6000rpms like it would stock. My question, how do I know I actually received the correct flash?
2007 Honda S nisen
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

6400RPM has always been the upper boundary. No changes have been made to the reflashes.

You will not hear or feel the VTEC transition like you used to, as the torque curve has been smoothed out.
AP2F22C

Post by AP2F22C »

Spunkster wrote:6400RPM has always been the upper boundary. No changes have been made to the reflashes.

You will not hear or feel the VTEC transition like you used to, as the torque curve has been smoothed out.
Thanks, just wanted to be sure I actually did receive the correct flash. :wink: Definitely know about the lack of VTEC kick which is a GREAT thing. It could just be that my stock exhaust is limiting the audible sense of the VTEC transition even smoothed out it was still noticeable when going on the hi-cam in my old Teggy R from an audible sense.
2007 Honda S nisen
thesilverbullet

[quote="Spunkster"]6400RPM has always been the upper boundary. No changes have been made to the reflashes.

spunker - thanks for the quick reply.

so you guys should update the toda reflash info page. it says the toda reflash upper limit is 6k and the stock reflash upper limit is 6.4k. again, thanks for clearing this up...
'23 RDX SH-AWD
thesilverbullet

AP2F22C wrote:Just recently got my ECU back (last Wednesday), sent it off to Church Monday last week, they in turn brought it over to you on Tuesday and it was flashed. Supposedly with the Toda flash that I requested. However, now that I am back in Guam (as of early Sunday am) and I installed the ECU back into the car, I honestly don't know if VTEC is actually engaging at 4200rpms (there is no audible tone difference), though later when it gets into the mid 5000s there is a slight change in the tone. I know it was reflashed for sure as the revlimit has been increased as now even though the meter still blinks as if it were hitting the revlimiter when I shift the car does not fall under 6000rpms like it would stock. My question, how do I know I actually received the correct flash?
engagement at 4.2k is tough but an easy way to test is to do a WOT pull in 3rd or 4th gear starting at ~3k rpm and listen to the exhaust - at 4.2k you will hear the exhaust note change..
'23 RDX SH-AWD