kpro fustrations pleass help

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
jeffreyk

kpro fustrations pleass help

Post by jeffreyk »

well wzup k20 i need help i just got a 2002 turbo si ep3 with 90xxx with k-pro 550 injectors and when i bought the car it drove good. the guy i got it from says it would not rev over 5500 rpm. i figured it was just a tune issue so i drove the car all the way home (mine u it was about 400 miles from my home). got home .car drove good even on fuel it was good.

but when i took it to my tuner who does all my builds( he has done 6 builds for me) he checked it out and we made a list of all the parts we had in mine to make the car faster. i asked him to check out the tune that was on the ecu. when he di we noticed it was a older version of kpro. (1.4.1) and the map it was running was a rsx type s. the car has a k20z1 block and a k20a2 head with 5 speed tranny.

now we updated the ecu (saving the old map just in case) to 3.0.3 and now the car will not start and run it starts up but dies out soon after. we put back on the old program but when it came time to start the car started but ran like sh@t. it did not rev over 3k and check engine light is on. went to checkout the cel and the car would not communicate with the labtop top let us see codes. then we tried to data log ....no luck there did not datalog.....we tried for a while but no luck

things we tried
-clearing ecu
-clearing security
-put on new calibrations
-pulled wire harness out trying to find problems. found some bunt wires and redo all grounds.
-uninstalling and installing new kmanger
-fuel pump working
-timing good
-kpro is real no fake.
-disable immobilizer
- disable almost every thing
-different kpro withe old program with similar set up has not been done but let u guys no.

when we put on the calibration the car needs, thats ment for car that is when it stars up and shuts right back off.

please help ask me anything suggest anything my car has been down a while now and same thing....
jeffreyk

Re: kpro fustrations pleass help

Post by jeffreyk »

when the old program on the car: cel is on temp gauge does not work car runs like shi@t.

when the new kal is on the car: does not run just starts up and shut of does not stay running. celoff and temp gauge works.

if this helps ????
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: kpro fustrations pleass help

Post by Spunkster »

Post a picture of the K-Pro board (high quality and in focus).