2008 RDX reflash questions

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
rajbaj

2008 RDX reflash questions

Post by rajbaj »

I have a 2008 ACURA RDX AWD and I am considering the reflash option. I have a few questions regarding this and any help will be much appreciated.

1. Per Hondata's website information, "Rev limiter raised to 7200 rpm. (sportshift mode only)". I prefer driving in Automatic shift mode, so the question is "Will I see any difference/improvement if I'm driving in Automatic shift mode? That is to say, will there be any improvement in low end torque/horsepower/acceleration if I drive in Automatic shift mode only, after I get the reflash done?

2. Will there be any improvement in gas mileage if I drive in Automatic shift mode only? I only use premium 91/93 octane.

3. I have read some posts here and some of them mention some decrease in performance or no difference in performance. Is that valid? And should I be concerned about that?

I tried to find the answers to my questions on this forum, but there aren't many posts specific to my questions or the RDX. I will appreciate any help. Thank you.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: 2008 RDX reflash questions

Post by Hondata »

1. In normal mode the transmission will shift at the same rpm.
2. If you drive the same then it won't be any less.
3. What posts? There are big gains over the whole rpm range with the RDX reflash.
Hondata
rajbaj

Post by rajbaj »

Thank you. That will help me make a decision. If I do go with the reflash, are there any other recommended or required mods I will need to make to ensure performance?
rajbaj

Post by rajbaj »

I also wanted a but more clarification. You said "in normal mode, the transmission will shift at the same rpm." When you say "same rom", does that mean same as BEFORE the reflash? Or same rpm as those in sports shift mode AFTER the reflash? In other words, if I am planning on driving in normal mode only and NOT in the sorts shift mode, will the reflash make any difference in the driving experience? Please advise. Thank you!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The transmission shift points are controlled by the transmission computer, so they do not change. The flash gives a lot more power over the whole rev range, so the car will be faster even shifting at the same rpm.
Hondata
rajbaj

Post by rajbaj »

Thank you very much! I don't mean to drag this on, but when you say "Rev limiter raised to 7200 rpm. (sportshift mode only)", does that mean that in normal mode the rev limiter does not gt raised at all, or if it does, it's less than 7200 rpm? I appreciate your patience and help!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The rev limit is only changed for sport mode. Normal mode remains the same.
rajbaj

Post by rajbaj »

Thank you very much!!