A/F Ratio ?

Questions / support for the K-Series ECU re-flash
Spoolng2

A/F Ratio ?

Post by Spoolng2 »

Hi guys..I was looking at your dyno charts with the reflash, sri, dcrh, and IMG and was wondering if you had a dyno chart with the a/f chart? I'm curious to see what those mods and the reflash do to the car vs stock and how safe the a/f ratio is. I understand that the MAF sensor takes into consideration that you have a cai and race header and adjusts, but what does it adjust to? Is it set it the computer that no matter what you put on the car it sets it to 12.5 for example? Any a/f charts from dyno runs you did would be great, also if you could explain how this MAF works to make it not run lean/rich and what exactly number its set to adjust to, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We don't have the charts here, but from memory the AF ratio was around 12.5:1 For more information, do a search for the differences between 'speed density' and mass flow'.
Hondata
Spoolng2

Post by Spoolng2 »

Do you know what a/f ratio the ecu is set to keep the car at? I mean you can add an intake which will increase the air flow, which means the car will need to add more fuel. The MAF sensor tells it theres more air and to compensate for that, but at what a/f does it do it to. Do you understand my question?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, the ECU aims for 12.5:1
Hondata
thesilverbullet

Post by thesilverbullet »

so what k engine are talking about - new si? 12.5 is a little rich for mild mods?
'23 RDX SH-AWD
'07 S2K w/ JVT header, Berk 3" header back w/ TP Exhaust, AEM V3 CAI & Flashpro
'02 RSX-S w/cai/exhaust/dcrh/kpro - SOLD
Spoolng2

Post by Spoolng2 »

Yeah, the new Si (k20z3). I think 12.5:1 is a pretty safe yet effective a/f ratio for a stock computer to shoot for. I was just curious what it adjusted to since now honda uses a MAF sensor...thats all.