Issues while trying to get tuned.

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
kaymay20

Issues while trying to get tuned.

Post by kaymay20 »

Hello i’m posting on behalf of my dad so sorry if i miss anything.

My dad has built a K24 super charged awd mini, He’s having issues when he goes to get it tuned for whatever reason every time the tuner plugs his computer in to load the data to change setting the car stalls it’s showing no timing and also will shut off the scanner Any ideas of what to do?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Issues while trying to get tuned.

Post by Hondata »

There is a wiring / ground problem and the ECU is grounding through the USB when a laptop is plugged in. Fix the problem before going any further because it is easy to damage withe ECU/KPro with the amount of current.
Hondata
kaymay20

Post by kaymay20 »

when the car gets to high rpm it freezes the tuners computer, sorry i’m with my dad so i can get the correct info
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you using resistor or non-resistor spark plugs?
kaymay20

Post by kaymay20 »

using resistor ones... #8
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you corrected the wiring/ground issue?

You should try the ECU in a known working vehicle to make sure it has not been damaged.
kaymay20

Post by kaymay20 »

We have another k24 hatch but it’s currently apart so we can’t physically drive it right now, My dad went over the wiring everything was grounded correctly, his tuner told him to move wires so he did and the issue is still there.... Do you know if they switch the ecu wires and ground them straight to the battery if it would work? They may just take the hatches ecu and clean the tune off from the hatch and see if that’s the issue but trying to cross all other issues out 1st.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would not try a different ECU in this vehicle until you know the wiring is correct, as you could damage the ECU.
kaymay20

Post by kaymay20 »

That’s the main reason they haven’t tried it yet, They finally got the tranny for the hatch back together so i think they are going to hold out until they can try the ecu on the hatch, thanks for your help i’ll be back when they figure out if it’s the ecu or not!