KPRO Calibration Download Problem

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
xdcx

KPRO Calibration Download Problem

Post by xdcx »

Hi,

Having a problem downloading a calibration from a KPRO onto my laptop. Drivers installed fine, KPRO is being detected etc. I initially was using Kmanager version 1.3.9 and having problems and then discovered that the map was created with and the software version on the KPRO is version 1.3.7.

I now have a copy of Kmanager 1.3.7 installed on my laptop and it appears to be trying to download the calibration fine, ignition clicks etc but when the status window gets to full, it gives an access violation errror (Locked calibration maybe??)

Below are screenshots of messages/errors. The violation error I am having appears as stated above, but when I try to access data logging, the violation error message appears over and over again and crashes Kmanager completely!

ECU Information -

Access Violation Error -

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Are you trying to download the calibration from the ECU or open from disk? Close all the windows and try downloading again.
Hondata
xdcx

Post by xdcx »

Hondata wrote:Are you trying to download the calibration from the ECU or open from disk? Close all the windows and try downloading again.
Hi. I am trying to take the calibration directly from the ECU and save it to my laptop as a .kal file.

Have tried multiple times after reboots,re-installs etc and same problem each time
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If should work will all the windows in KManager closed. If not, you'll need to find the original file on disk.
Hondata
xdcx

Post by xdcx »

Hondata wrote:If should work will all the windows in KManager closed. If not, you'll need to find the original file on disk.
Ahh sorry I misunderstood your last post regards closing windows. I will try close all the windows and see how it goes,thanks for the help.
chris-ctr

Post by chris-ctr »

did closing the windows down solve the problem. i only ask as i had the same problem last night and i need to find a fix.

thanks

Chris
cheetah

Post by cheetah »

same problem here... does Hondata have a fix or solution for this problem ? sounds like quite a few people out there get this issue.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried what was suggested?
fonz600

Re: KPRO Calibration Download Problem

Post by fonz600 »

I could look at this for you if you want mate.
xdcx wrote:Hi,

Having a problem downloading a calibration from a KPRO onto my laptop. Drivers installed fine, KPRO is being detected etc. I initially was using Kmanager version 1.3.9 and having problems and then discovered that the map was created with and the software version on the KPRO is version 1.3.7.

I now have a copy of Kmanager 1.3.7 installed on my laptop and it appears to be trying to download the calibration fine, ignition clicks etc but when the status window gets to full, it gives an access violation errror (Locked calibration maybe??)

Below are screenshots of messages/errors. The violation error I am having appears as stated above, but when I try to access data logging, the violation error message appears over and over again and crashes Kmanager completely!

ECU Information -

Access Violation Error -

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

Did this work??
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
cheetah

Post by cheetah »

i've tried this on a few of my laptops, Windows XP, windows Vista and still get the same errors.

Is it normal for this to happen where you cannot download an ECU map from your ECU ?
because of this I probably would not be able to run at an event this weekend. my tuner is away and i don't have a copy of my map on my laptop, its in the ECU. different motor and cams.

please help, or does 1.4 fix this issue?
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

I closed ALL windows within KManager as directed by Hondata and was able to download from the ECU perfectly OK. Took about 60-90 seconds.
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)
retroid

Post by retroid »

when perform changes to the actual kal which used by ECU is better to download it from the ECU, or perform the changes in the same kal uploaded from PC in kmanager an after re-upload the (same) modified kal in the ECU.

doing this will the ECU reset everytime?

many thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should never download from the ECU. You should always use the file saved on the PC.