MAP graph display bug

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Floppie

MAP graph display bug

Post by Floppie »

Just wanted to put this in as a bug report type deal (or ask for assistance on how to fix it in case I'm just blind and missing a setting or something).

When the MAP sensor is set to "/psi, the graph pane has this highly irritating bug where it displays as basically a completely flat line. I can post screenshots if necessary.

If set to just " (I'm N/A), it displays fine...but having to switch back and forth from "/psi for display mode and " for graph mode is pretty irritating.

For what it's worth, I'm on Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Change the MAP sensor display min to 0 and display max to 1 (or 1.1).
Hondata
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

That does the trick. Thanks :)

I take it the graph pane is graphing the MAP value in bar when it's set to "/psi, then?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

correct
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

Hondata wrote:Change the MAP sensor display min to 0 and display max to 1 (or 1.1).
Hondata, PLEASE annotate this in the help file or fix it in the next release. I could not figure out how to scale the map values correctly until I saw this post. Its not apparent off the bat that the kmanager is scaling things in bar regardless of what unit you choose in sensor setup.
locash

Post by locash »

This isnt a serious bug, calm down, its just in the graphing window, it doesnt affect the way the car runs. :) I'm sure it will be fixed in the next release..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

It's not a SERIOUS bug, but as far as minor bugs go it's pretty major =p it'd be good information to have freely available without having to ask. The software working that way isn't a problem at all in and of itself, it's just the lack of easily available clarification that makes it an issue.
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

Floppie wrote:It's not a SERIOUS bug, but as far as minor bugs go it's pretty major =p it'd be good information to have freely available without having to ask. The software working that way isn't a problem at all in and of itself, it's just the lack of easily available clarification that makes it an issue.
+1

Its impossible to correctly scale your boost level with other parameters unless you make this this change in the graphing window. Yes, minor quirk but a major one when it comes to something like correlation which is the purpose of datalogging.

I'm very surprised after all these releases no one has brought this up before or if it has, why it wasn't addressed.
Last edited by The Spectacle on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Spectacle

Re: MAP graph display bug

Post by The Spectacle »

Hondata - I know this is an old thread but this bug still exists. Can it be fixed?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: MAP graph display bug

Post by Hondata »

For the "/psi unit, the min/max scale was in bar.

I've changed it so that it uses the inches / psi over atmospheric, but it really still is a bastard unit.
Hondata