Suggestion for Kpro

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
hermit9832

Suggestion for Kpro

Post by hermit9832 »

I am currently running a K20z1, JRSC 11.5 psi and a water/meth kit from AIS, the pump is rated at 250psi and is installed in the trunk. I have the pump being controlled by the #1 Nitrous tab. The issue I am having is once the parameters are met in kpro it instantaneously starts reading the fuel and ignition adjustments map, but it take a little time for the pump to kick on, spray and make its way through the supercharger and into the motor.... this creates a lean condition.

One way I have walked around this problem is by not removing any fuel from the first adjustment cell after activation. This creates a rich situation and gives the pump/meth time to enter the motor... but there is still a problem. When I downshift and go WOT the ECU never gets to see the first adjustment cell to richen the motor and leans out hitting the lean cut.

My suggestion to fix this problem would be to add a feature to set a delay in reading the adjustment cells. I.E. Once all parameters have been met, the ecu would fire the pump but delay reading the adjustments cells for a user selected amount of time, it would be in ms of course. Having this feature would allow water/meth users the ability to tune out the pump delay.

Once again I really only see this being a problem with water/meth users because we are removing fuel.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

At some point we had something similar in SManager to ramp the fuel in over time. I'll add it to the KManager development list.
Hondata
hermit9832

Post by hermit9832 »

Cool, thanks.

Keep up the good work!
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

Hondata wrote:At some point we had something similar in SManager to ramp the fuel in over time. I'll add it to the KManager development list.
Anyway you could create a running thread with you development list in it so we could contribute to it?
sebas22

Post by sebas22 »

With FLASHPRO
I am currently running a K20Z3, CT 12 psi and a water/meth kit from AIS, the pump is rated at 250psi and is installed in the trunk. (Similar)

We, FLASHPRO users, need the nitrous option you have in Kpro ASAP!

Stwatson at Club RSX http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.ph ... 990&page=4
has solved the problem of the wat/met delay with the nitrous tables 1 and 2
hermit9832

Post by hermit9832 »

It is true that Sam has managed a work around but its like a band aid, and needs to be done the right way. With the work around that Sam is using it is still very touchy