Laptop not seeing K-Pro in K-swapped Del Sol but fine in RSX

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Scourge

Laptop not seeing K-Pro in K-swapped Del Sol but fine in RSX

Post by Scourge »

I've got a number of problems right now. I'll start out with what I have.

1. Hybrid Racing adapter harness.
2. 02-04 K-Pro
3. 02-04 RSX-S harness as well as repinned 05-06 RSX-S harness
4. K20Z3 engine and tranny combo

I'm pretty sure I plugged the HR harness into the correct 20 pin connector on my Del Sol's dash harness. When I press the clutch and turn the ignition key, the starter cranks.

The RSX-S harness is grounded on the valve cover. HR harness connector E7 is connected to fuel pump relay wire. I may also have fuel pump issues since I don't hear the pump (just the relay's click) when I ground the fuel pump relay wire.

RSX-S harness connectors A and B are connected to the ECU and C101 is connected to HR harness.

When I plug the USB cable into my laptop, I hear a ding, and I see a green light near the USB port on K-Pro. However, in K-manager, it doesn't let me connect to the ECU. The ECU connects to the laptop fine when transferred to my RSX and RSX is able to run off of it with no problems.

What is the minimum I need to have connected to see K-Pro in K-Manager? I know it needs power from the dash harness. And I'm guessing the ground point near the injectors needs to be grounded. Assume conversion harness is connected to dash harness, ECU E and C101 on RSX engine harness. And ECU A and B connected on engine harness.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Based on what you have said you have a wiring problem. I would suggest you contact Hybrid for assistance with this. Since the ECU works in a RSX it is not the ECU.
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

I'm pretty sure the wiring is not with the HR harness but the car's own wiring because the previous owner did a crazy, yet ghetto wiring job for audio and security (which I've since ripped out). I hope he didn't cut anything that wasn't supposed to be cut. There were a lot of splices and cut wires everywhere.
Scourge

Post by Scourge »

Here's an update. I found I was getting power to E9 but not A2 or A3 which is relay activated by E7 grounding out (probably when E9 has power).

Well, I manually grounded E7 and I'm still not getting power at A2 or A3 (or C101-14 where they split off from).

Time to troubleshoot my Del Sol's dash harness... Damn previous owner cutting up stuff...

At this point I'm pretty sure it's not the conversion harness since I traced back as much as I could related to power and grounds.