04-05 S2000 Kpro EBC wiring

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
eternallx

04-05 S2000 Kpro EBC wiring

Post by eternallx »

Just to confirm for the 04-05 S2000 Kpro. One wire from the EBC is should go to the A6 pin (not B21 like RSX) and the other to a power source?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 04-05 S2000 Kpro EBC wiring

Post by Spunkster »

correct
eternallx

Post by eternallx »

OK so the EBC still isnt working.
I have confirmed that one lead is going to A6 and the other to a switched power source.
The solenoid definitely works. ( I took it off A6 and grounded it to chassis and it clicks plus I set boost cut to 12psi, full throttle in 3rd gear and it cut me out)

With boost on in Kmanager it shows that BC duty is working (tried up to 80%) but its not making more than wastegate spring psi (7psi)
Wiring is definitely good. I checked continuity from the A6 pin to the ECU. Only thing left is a bad kpro? I've called a couple times wanted to ship you guys the kpro to be checked out but was denied... I did buy this kpro used so at this point will you accept to check/repair my kpro?
sunman

Post by sunman »

any answer to this...?

everything has been tested and re-tested, only thing left is a faulty kpro at this point.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The KPro controls uploading and datalogging from the ECU. It either works or does not work, so one function (boost control) would not fail if the KPro could upload and datalog from the ECU. Get someone else to check your wiring. Post the calibration and datalog for other people to look at.
Hondata
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

sunman

Post by sunman »

thank you for the responses.

Spectacle -- we have it wired up exactly as shown in the link on s2ki.

I will go back and take some datalogs and attach the cal when I get home from work tonight. One question though:

Hondata -- is it possible that the PRB ECU is bad and not the kpro?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is always a chance that a second-hand ecu is damaged. Unfortunately there is no way to repair a damaged ECU. Based on all the confusion of the proper pinouts and that you are tryign to use the existing wiring instead of wiring it directly to the ECU pin and to the battery There is a very good chance that it is just a wiring problem. I have never seen a damaged boost control output on a K-series ECU.
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

eternallx wrote:OK so the EBC still isnt working.
I have confirmed that one lead is going to A6 and the other to a switched power source.
The solenoid definitely works. ( I took it off A6 and grounded it to chassis and it clicks plus I set boost cut to 12psi, full throttle in 3rd gear and it cut me out)

With boost on in Kmanager it shows that BC duty is working (tried up to 80%) but its not making more than wastegate spring psi (7psi)
Wiring is definitely good. I checked continuity from the A6 pin to the ECU. Only thing left is a bad kpro? I've called a couple times wanted to ship you guys the kpro to be checked out but was denied... I did buy this kpro used so at this point will you accept to check/repair my kpro?
Boost cut isn't a function of the EBC, its the ECU reading MAP and cutting power accordingly once you go over the entered psi value.

It sounds like your BC vacuum lines are plumbed wrong to the WG. Verify your lines are plumbed according to this: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/847006- ... __20501383
eternallx

Post by eternallx »

spectacle i wasnt implying that boost cut had anything to do with boost control. i was just stating that the solenoid works by grounding it at 100% duty cycle and 0%.

Vaccum lines are correct also. from what hondata said i guess the ecu itself is damaged and unrepairable