Boost creep problem

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
cranny

Boost creep problem

Post by cranny »

Been a while since I posted on the forums here but my new build is ready and strapped to the dyno but I'm having couple problems I can't figure out as of yet. Have built and tuned many cars so keep that I. Mind

K24/k20
Forged pistons rods
Sidewinder twin scroll
Dual MRV44mm gates
Precision pt6766 JB turbo
Kpro3
Hondata boost solenoid.

Boost reference off the cold housing. If I unhook boost controller and just run lines to the bottom of the gates , no creep. Runs 8psi rock solid right to redline(6lb springs). If I plumb the controller in , boost reference to port1 , port 2 to top of gate , port 3 to vent , but I don't have boost control enabled in the cal , it creeps to 14 psi by redline progressively. Solenoid is brand new and supposed to be closed till activated. Please explain what is going on here its very maddening.

I also tried different port setup. I tried boost reference to port 2. And port 3 to bottom of gates and port 1 to the tops. Eboost lists this as An option for these types Of solenoids and that's how a friends car is plumbed. No change same problem again with boost control NOT enabled yet at all.

Second problem.

Running an aem uego. Sensor and gauge reads perfectly normal is brand new. I ran the white aem output wire to the eld wire , pin 15 on the eplug. I set up the voltage conversion table properly using th entire chart not just 0-10 , 5-20(although have tried this chart to eliminate). It reads on the kpro when data logging just fine when idling. When I do a pull , the aem gauge will read high 10's low 11's and the AF readout in kman won't go lower than 12.16 and just flatlines the whole Pull.
cranny

Re: Boost creep problem

Post by cranny »

This is what I've come up with after little reading. If you run the normally
Closed valve like the Mac or Hondata which are the same. You can't T the boost reference line and run to bottom and top via the ebc. Cause when the valve is not active pressure is bled off of port 3 to atmosphere. The same pressure that is needed to open the gate. Therefore you have to use different boost references for the bottom and the top of the gates. Go from the compressor housing to the bottom of the gate/s , and from intake manifold to the tops of the gate/s via the ebc.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post a picture of your setup as well as a diagram of exactly how you have it plumbed.
Axix23

Post by Axix23 »

I had a similar issue. When you disable the bc in kmanager, sometimes there is a negative effect with the purge valve and cause unwanted side-effects. Hondata told me this. If you want to run wg/low boost, so use 15% duty cycle on bc
The Spectacle

Post by The Spectacle »

cranny wrote:Second problem.
Here is the fix for that issue: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10728

It would be great if Hondata would put this information in the help file.