KPRO V4 External Wideband O2 Sensor

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
dantok

KPRO V4 External Wideband O2 Sensor

Post by dantok »

Hey Guys,
I have a KPRO V4 inside a PRB ECU. Has a PLX Wideband 4.9 O2 Sensor.
The Wideband has been patched into the ECU via Digital and it is reading properly and accurately.

However, when using the External Wideband in Closed Loop, When decelerating, the gauges go in to lean. Which is normal. However, when you step on the gas, the sensor causes the fuel to go super rich and takes a second or two to correct itself back to 14.7 cruising. Is there a way to add a delay to the adjustments when coming out of the fuel overrun when using an external sensor?

Like how the factory sensor works? When you`re out of the fuel overrun, it goes into open loop based on the map for a couple of seconds before using feedback from the O2 sensor? :)

Or is the function there, and i`m not sure how to adjust it.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: KPRO V4 External Wideband O2 Sensor

Post by Hondata »

It is not normal to go rich when the injectors switch on. What rich is it? Can you post a datalog?
Hondata
dantok

Post by dantok »

The car runs Closed Loop off a digital wideband sensor.

If you notice. everytime the car comes out of 0% TPS, it floods the engine with the Strims. I Looking from the log, it doesn't go into open loop before going into close loop to avoid the Strims from going high.

Datalog attached.
Attachments
KPRO Datalog.kdl
(1.7 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The AF is not going lean upon overrun. This could be a leaky injector, slow responding wideband or air leak in the exhaust.

Also under 'Parameters, Gear, Acceleration Smoothing Retard, Tip in retard gear multiplier' set all values to -100%
Hondata