Cannot get Innovate LC-2 to run closed loop in kpro 4

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
cd2781

Cannot get Innovate LC-2 to run closed loop in kpro 4

Post by cd2781 »

To start off, i have Kpro V4, 2002 Civic EX D17a2 Built and turbo, cammed etc. Running the innovate lc-2 wideband wired up exactly as intructed and grounded to the analog ground.

Version 4.2.4.0

Ive come across things saying you cant use "custom" under analog inputs to run closed loop, and ive also seen where people say the LC-1 conversion is not right.

I have to go to the sensors tab, to A/F and choose lambda there while having "custom" chosen with correct inputs given by innovate to get it to match what my gauge says. If i do not have "lambda" selected, it reads 200.61 or around in that area.

If i choose the LC-1 conversion under analog input tab, itll say 40.01 when the gauge says 18.0 and so on. Makes absolutely no sense and im completely lost.
And it almost acts like the computer is looking for lambda because it tends to dump a bunch of fuel if i enable closed loop and itll make my AFRs 10:1 or 9.5:1. But like i said above, if lambda isnt selected under the sensors tab, its not even in the ballpark

I previously had the AEM 30-4100 wideband, i chose that conversion and everything worked flawlessly.
Another thing, is having the Live Tuning button checked on tables causing it not to go into closed loop?
All the settings as far as min and max adjustment are basically as given in the basemap. -27% and 47%
With the aem, i didnt have to change anything
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Cannot get Innovate LC-2 to run closed loop in kpro 4

Post by Spunkster »

Please post your calibration with this setup as well as a datalog showing the issue.
cd2781

Post by cd2781 »

Crap sorry i forgot. Ill do so when i get home. I only have my phone at the moment
cd2781

Post by cd2781 »

Ok here is the info requested
Attachments
datalog2 4-6-16.kdl
(7.79 MiB) Downloaded 158 times
04-02-2016 Base tune.kal
(169.17 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
cd2781

Post by cd2781 »

I realize the answer will probly be, "cant use custom with closed loop" but thats the only thing that works. No other setting for wideband conversion works.
Heres a pic of what happens if i dont set the sensor setting to "lambda" under options/sensors as shown by the analog 1 box in the pic.
If i use the innovate lc-1 conversion, it reads 2.48 or something, as shown by the A/F box in the pic
Attachments
IMAG0504.jpg
IMAG0504.jpg (3.25 MiB) Viewed 6000 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You are correct. You can only use the predetermined widebands that are listed for closed loop as they are part of the firmware. Custom will not allow closed loop operation. You can tell when it is working as you will see the reading for AF change in the sensor list and in the display window.
cd2781

Post by cd2781 »

Ok that seems to clear that issue up possibly i guess. Is there any way we could try to get the LC-2 added since the LC-1 option doesnt read correctly with the LC-2? Thats about the only way i see being able to make this work. I have tried all the other given conversions and none match up. I dont want to be using a voltage offset of any kind
cd2781

Post by cd2781 »

Basically i need to know what to do here. Do i need to get an aem wideband instead or what? If these others wont work, then there shouldnt be that option for them. I need to drive my car and be able to get a tune date set up
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We will add the LC-2 with the factory settings for the next release. You can also try programming the LC-2 to match one of the widebands already in the list since I believe it is a programmable wideband.
cd2781

Post by cd2781 »

Thank you guys sooooo much. I didnt mean to sound hateful with that last post. Its just been a frustrating 2-3 weeks lol.