Problem with V4 and Aim MXL

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
CJ4A

Problem with V4 and Aim MXL

Post by CJ4A »

Hi everyone,

I had an Aim MXL digital gauge installed in my car and it was connected to my V3 Hondata via the Aim board. I recently upgraded the Ecu to V4 and the Aim continued to work as normal even with the Aim-Hondata board still installed.

I was driving the car and there was an issue ( possibly a grounding issue) and the car would not rev out while driving. I disconnected the knock sensor and the car driver normally after that. The digital gauge did not read anything from the Hobdata after that issue. I reconnected the knock sensor and there were no drivability problems after that. However, now the aim does not read anything from the Hondata.

I tried the gauge in another car with a Hondata and it worked. Originally the aim was connected via pin E24. I tried connecting it via the serial output within the Ecu case and by passed the Aim-Hondata board and still no success. Can anyone help me as to what the problem might be? Is there an issue with my Ecu?

All of the parameters within the Ecu are set up as per the normal Aim setup with the multiplexer at 9'600 etc.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Problem with V4 and Aim MXL

Post by Spunkster »

You must remove the converter now that you are using the output directly form the K-Pro V4.
CJ4A

Post by CJ4A »

The aim originally worked with it for a couple of months and after the problem I removed the converter but still no success. Can I run the aim from the RS232TX pin within the Ecu? Bypassing the converter or using the internal rs232tx pin is not working
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No it will only work directly without the converter when going directly from the K-Pro board.

Post your calibration.
CJ4A

Post by CJ4A »

Thanks. The calibration is below
Attachments
Cindy flatshift aim display not working aim hooked up without board.kal
(162.61 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
sass

Post by sass »

http://www.aim-sportline.com/download/e ... 00_eng.pdf
I connect K-pro V4 as C300

page 2
Before connecting the ECU to AiM device set this up using AiM Race Studio software. The parameters
to select in the device configuration are:
• ECU manufacturer: “Hondata”
• ECU Model: "KPro"
Cr-v RD8+K24A2turbo+Kpro V4 prb+NPR3/6Speed+ТС+ HFS4 v3.2.
DynoWheel = 472kW / 589 N.m
HRX One Mile Challenge = Max Speed 282km
Known as Sniper