Flex Fuel-PNF

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
zerobold

Flex Fuel-PNF

Post by zerobold »

Kpro v4 serial#44845 02 EP3 K24 JRSC PNF ECU. Why can't I activate Flex Fuel on my calibrations?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Flex Fuel-PNF

Post by Spunkster »

Only the PRB and PRA calibrations support flex fuel. Since you are not use a PRA ECU you will need to use the PRB calibration to tune from.
zerobold

Post by zerobold »

So if I am understanding this correctly, a PRB calibration will work on my PNF ecu? If this is the case can I import my tables from my current tune to a PRB calibration to use in an EP3? I have loaded PRB cal to my car before and it starts then dies right away and runs very poorly when I keep it running with throttle. Is this just a matter of getting the tables correct or do PRB cals not work in EP3s?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

A PRB calibration will work just fine, but importing tables will probably not work well especially for fuel as the calculations behind the scenes are different.
zerobold

Post by zerobold »

Ok. I just finished my build and have not dynoed. My current calibration is a base tune just to get started and check functionality of cooling system, trans, etc... In your opinion would importing get me close enough to get the car started and such or should I start from scratch? If from scratch would you be able to suggest a base cal given my build info?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would just start from scratch with a PRB calibration it will be the cleanest and easiest solution.
zerobold

Post by zerobold »

Will do, Thank you
zerobold

Post by zerobold »

So I tried uploading a prb cal and the car does the same as I described before, starts and dies right away... I used the cal that was as close to my setup as possible. When I run my old base map it runs just fine. Ive shut the immobilizer off and still have the same results. Is there something Im missing when it comes to running a PRB cal on a PNF ecu in an EP3? Kmanager v4.3.2.0.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There should be no real difference in using a PRB calibration to run in a PNF ECU, many people do this without any issues.
zerobold

Post by zerobold »

Ok I understand that but I AM having an issue... Every prb cal I try does the same thing. I can fix it myself but I don't know where to start. A suggestion on some things to change just to get it to idle would help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Either a stock PNF or Stock PRB calibration should start and run a stock engine. They may not be tuned ideally , but they should start and run. If they don't then there is some other issue going on.

Post the calibration as well as a datalog showing the problem.
DC5teggi

Post by DC5teggi »

My apologies for resurrecting a thread from one year ago, but I have encountered a similar situation that is a continuation of this question.

The solution presented here to enable the Flex Fuel option by running a PRB tune disables the option for secondary runner controls (for PND applications). Is there a way to maintain both for those wishing to utilize the stock dual runner system?

Please note that when purchasing K-Pro, it states that Flex Fuel is a "main feature", even when selecting the PND ECU option. It is not stated that PND functionality will be lost when doing so.
DC5teggi

Post by DC5teggi »

If my question is better suited for a new thread, I can start a new one. However, it is related to the question asked in this one.

How can we create a calibration with Flex Fuel that also has the dual runners (on the base RSX) enabled? What other features are potentially lost by using a PRB calibration on a PND or PNF ECU?
2003 Acura RSX - K20A3
PND ECU with K-Pro v4
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm sorry, but it is not possible to keep the dual runners and have flex fuel. You must use a PRB calibration to do this. There are no other features lost.