ECU repair?

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
AngryScottish

ECU repair?

Post by AngryScottish »

Vehicle: non Honda chassis
ECU: prb kpro v4
Issue:
Engine and everything ran fine, or at least started and idled. I redid the engine harness and verified engine would start, it did, but had a wiring issue which thru a CEL, while verifying issue, accidentally connected the BRN/YEL wires to the YEL/BLK wires in the C104 connector... Yep, idiot move.

Tried to start, engine would crank, spark, smell fuel, but won't run.

Replaced the CMP, TDC, and CKP sensors, retried starting. Same.

No CELs, Kpro connects to ECU, able to upload / download maps. Just not able to get engine to run.

I'm thinking I fried something in the ECU, so was wondering if Hondata can check the ECU and repair as necessary?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: ECU repair?

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number that is on the K-Pro board inside the ECU?
AngryScottish

Post by AngryScottish »

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We do not repair ECUs, you would have to replace the ECU. Since this was installed by Xenocron you should contact them and they should be able to give you a quote on how much this will cost.
AngryScottish

Post by AngryScottish »

Thanks for the response.

Since I'm stubborn and refuse to think the ECU is dead. I triple-checked my wiring -- found a loose pin for the MAP sensor. Got that fixed, engine fired right up.

Downside, I bought $60 worth of sensors. Plus side, I have 3 replacement sensors in case they ever fail.

Moral of that story:
- make sure your wiring is good before you go and replace things -- and that the MAP sensor can prevent your engine from running

Side note, before I decided to change my wiring, I had a working primary O2 sensor. Showed a wide range of AF ratios... then a few weeks ago, it just stuck to 10.70 and no voltage -- no CELs. Fun. So, bought a brand new O2, plugged it in. Same. 10.70. Triple checked wiring, all is good.

So, I guess I get to deal with Kpro not reading the primary O2. I guess it's good I also have a bosch wideband that's mounted next to the primary O2 to get AF ratios.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to try the ECU in a known working car to help figure out where the problem lies.