Kpro Lights randomly not turning on

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Kpro Lights randomly not turning on

Post by Spunkster »

Post pictures of the wiring at the sensor, and at the K-Pro harness.
sergiokazoom

Post by sergiokazoom »

Here is the picture of wiring on kpro harness.. Sorry for delay ive had limited time to figure this out..... I will also shortly attach a file of the calibration and datalog so you can check it out. When the sensor doesnt work the eth content stays stuck at a certain percentage. But the fuel temps do seem to be working as well... Just dont know if the fuel temps are supposed to be uodating that slow or have heavy fluctuations like the bat. Line on the graph or the a/f as well
Attachments
IMG_20180221_105503.jpg
IMG_20180221_105503.jpg (4.46 MiB) Viewed 5325 times
sergiokazoom

Post by sergiokazoom »

attached is the calibration and a datalog
Attachments
eth sensor not working.kdl
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 128 times
Dardans Tune.kal
(150.11 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:23 am Post pictures of the wiring at the sensor, and at the K-Pro harness.
You have only posted one picture. We need to see all wiring involved to determine where an error may have been made
sergiokazoom

Post by sergiokazoom »

Here is the ground and power supply
Attachments
20180221_111058_HDR.jpg
20180221_111058_HDR.jpg (4.21 MiB) Viewed 5321 times
20180221_112145_HDR.jpg
20180221_112145_HDR.jpg (3.91 MiB) Viewed 5321 times
sergiokazoom

Post by sergiokazoom »

Its almost impossible trying to take a pic of the wiring harness at the sensor from under the vehicle but heres the best shot i could get. I have confirmed that all 3 wires are going to the correct signal/ground/power source. Confirmed with a multimeter ground is good and power is good 12v as well
Attachments
20180117_094626.jpg
20180117_094626.jpg (4.65 MiB) Viewed 5321 times
Erollins92

Post by Erollins92 »

Has their been a solution to this issue I am having literally to the key the exact same problem. Any reply’s are appreciated.
sergiokazoom

Post by sergiokazoom »

Yup.... Hondata has failed to help me. When i was having this issue i called and emailed and made this post but according to Hondata "they were still looking into it" and i never got a response back from them.... It is a very annoying problem as i dont know why the kpro is doing that....

Heres my fix.... I have found that a handful of Kpro v4 users have had this issue, and they do not know why. My friend Fred had same issue. And our fix was this...

On the flex fuel signal wire leading to the harness wire on the kpro board.... Wire up a switch on that wire. A simple on/off toggle switch is what i am using from Autozone. So once its wired in to that Flex fuel signal wire, what you have to do to start the car so it runs properly is:

1) make sure toggle switch is in the off position
2) turn ignition on
3) once fuel pump primes and kpro board green light comes on, turn the toggle switch on
4) works EVERY single time....
5) Now its time to go party🐌🐌🐌
Erollins92

Post by Erollins92 »

Thank you for your reply. This is the only thing I could find on this issue and everyone thinks I’m crazy when I try to explain it exactly what you’ve been doing to fix it is exactly what I’ve been doing except with a harness unplug. Probably going to take your advice and wire a switch.
sergiokazoom

Post by sergiokazoom »

Before wiring the switch just unplug the harness from kpro board to see if its the flex fuel signal wire. If the boards lights come on every single time you turn the key to the ignition on position. Then thats the problem, and the switch will resolve your issues.

Yeah everyone thought it was my tune and they said ibwas crazy but im just stating what works for me.
Erollins92

Post by Erollins92 »

So I did what you told me to do and of course it fixed the issue. I was hoping their be a easier solution other then wiring a switch or unhooking the sensor each time. I was hopeful and sent the ecu to hondata. After 50 dollars for “shipping” they had it for a day and sent it back saying it’s in the cars wiring. (I sent ecu, e85 sensor and harness) so we did some more digging around I was lost. Cars wiring is fine. It’s in the sensor or wiring or kpro. Please keep in mind everything was wired according to hondatas website. We stumbled across a company (xeoncron)that makes a “plug and play” (all you need to do is wire power to pin a2) e85 harness and it’s powered and grounded a different way then Hondata wants. It’s grounded through the kpro board and powered off ecu power. Powering and grounding the sensor like this has so far fixed my issue. Hope this helps others with this issue that hondata can’t seem to figure out. I’m sure site admin will remove this reply but I hope someone can see it and fix their very strange issue with this.
sergiokazoom

Post by sergiokazoom »

Thanks for the reply man! So i have a question for you my friend. With the Xenocron plug and play kit, does it have the issue of sometimes leaning out and sometimes it runs good?
Or did you just power the flex fuel sensor via a2 wire on a harness connector and the issue went away?
Erollins92

Post by Erollins92 »

I never really had any issues of leaning out from this kpro light and e85 sensor issue which was to the key of what you described when you were trying to figure yours out. The only issue I had was like you had no light on the kpro and an intermittent check engine for e85 sensor fault which it did when the light did not come on the board. We made our own harness almost to the key of how they made theirs which is power through a2 on the ecu and ground from kpro board. That has so far solved my issue which hondata could not figure out and they had the ecu, sensor and harness. Hope you get yours figured out! Leaning out I would check your fuel supply. Maybe clogged filters or weak pump or something also reload the tune map maybe it was corrupt in certain tables.
sergiokazoom

Post by sergiokazoom »

Imm try swithcing my power around. Im 100% its not the tune. Even my tuner Dardan said it was weird. With that switch in place following the sequence, the car will NEVER run lean. Turning car on with no switch in the flex fuek sensors signal line makes it run lean. All i gotta do is cycle the motor and turn it back off then on again with the sequence off switch off, ignition on, switch on, start car, and BOOM it works 100% of the time. Idk why my car does that 😔
nuclearmuscl523

Post by nuclearmuscl523 »

Currently having the exact same issue. So far the best fix is wiring power to A2 and ground to board ground?