Battery Light ON after KPRO v3

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
gabyz1

Re: Battery Light ON after KPRO v3

Post by gabyz1 »

I’ll try with the battery.
If it was the alternator, I would drained my battery long time ago.
gabyz1

Post by gabyz1 »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:41 pm Could be the alternator, battery or any wiring in between.
The weird thing is that I plug my stock ECU and no battery light. Could it be a ground location?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Its hard to say what it might be if the ECU works on a different vehicle. All you can do is use the process of elimination.
gabyz1

Post by gabyz1 »

Spunkster wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:20 am Its hard to say what it might be if the ECU works on a different vehicle. All you can do is use the process of elimination.
What do you mean?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must rule out one thing at a time, swapping in known working things from other vehicles if needed.
Alexdc5rsx19

Post by Alexdc5rsx19 »

I would assume it’s related to just my car but it’s more then just me that has this problem I called Hondata and they were dumbfounded as well they thought it was because my software was outdated which is wasn’t but it’s driving me crazy that the battery light on.

I do have a question to who all Have the Kpro ecu with battery light on. Do you guys have replaced alternators? If so are they oem? Because I think I may have figured it out but I need more testing to be done because I notice A LOT of rsx owners have this problem with Kpro
Alexdc5rsx19

Post by Alexdc5rsx19 »

I think I may have figured it out but I don’t know how to post pictures on threads tho lmao.
gabyz1

Post by gabyz1 »

Alexdc5rsx19 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:53 am I think I may have figured it out but I don’t know how to post pictures on threads tho lmao.
You can try to explain it, it’s okay.
jaybonics

Post by jaybonics »

I know this is a few years old thread but I'm currently in same boat. And this thread ends I think I figured out well is there results lol. I replaced with a oh oh oh crappys tried multiple out in there lot . So is the issue I need new alternator that's oem. ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:03 am You must rule out one thing at a time, swapping in known working things from other vehicles if needed.