No spark or fuel

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Tehdango

No spark or fuel

Post by Tehdango »

- what vehicle you have
1992 Prelude

- serial number of your K-Pro

- version of software being used (from Help, About)

- ECU part number (starts with 37820) and serial number (the number under the part number)

If you need more specifics I will get them. I am using any basemap for a TSX thats preloaded on the kpro. I cannot get spark or fuel. I have verified 12v to the same wire on all injectors and coil packs. When I start datalogging and try to start the car the datalogging stops while cranking and the car doesnt start. Is this normal? I have also verified power to A20 on the c101 plug. It seems that everything I have found to check is working which makes this even more frustrating. Is there other checks I can do to verify the plugs and injectors should be getting signal from the ecu?
Tehdango

Re: No spark or fuel

Post by Tehdango »

I tried to edit to clarify because this sounds like a hot mess after reading lol. Sorry.

I have a k24a3 euro accord swap in my 92 prelude. I have a mil spec 02-04 rsx base harness and have re-pinned the crank sensor and the vss accordingly. The kpro is online and working as far as I can tell. I can make changes like enabling the multiplexer and getting an error code when datalogging with the key in the on position. Currently I have no codes at all. Even when I remove the crank sensor, which seems odd right? I feel like I have tried everything and everything checks out good. I do not know anyone with a car I can put my ecu in and its not exactly cheap to just buy another ecu to test. So that's really the only thing I cant try. While I was typing I actually thought of a friend who literally just got an ep3 or w/e the US version is. Is that a good car to test my ecu in?

Things I have tried are:
12v to the same wire on plugs and injectors
12v to c101 on a20 on both sides
all grounds - timing case to chassis/harness to valve cover stud/trans to chassis/battery to chassis all test at 5.6 which I thought was acceptable
all sensors in kpro seem to work and read values as expected
kpro is online and seems to be working fine and sees ign on

I am unsure of how to check ground for the plugs and inj though. Can I just do it like I do for engine ground testing where I put one lead on the neg term of the battery and the other on the pin that should be ground?

The injectors are brand new ID1050x and the plugs are brand new from the auto store. The coil packs came with the engine but I would think if it were just coil packs the injectors would still spray. So it just seems like i have done something wrong here.
Tehdango

Re: No spark or fuel

Post by Tehdango »

I figured it out. The switched power I was using was only hot in on. I moved to a wire that is hot in ON and START. That was according to the prelude wiring diagram.