KManager - Injector Size vs Flow Rate (FIC 2150)

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
carloverx

KManager - Injector Size vs Flow Rate (FIC 2150)

Post by carloverx »

Stupid questions:
1. Am I supposed to simply put the actual injector size into "Injector Size" in KManager, or am I supposed to use the "Flow Rate" (provided by Fuel Injectors Clinic) based on my base fuel pressure. For example, with a bfp of 58.0 PSI, the document that came with my 2150cc injectors states the flow at this pressure is 2619cc.

2. Does having a return style fuel system change the injector size or voltage offset/dead times entered into KManager?

Long story short, I tried starting my K24 and I suspect it's getting way too much fuel. Right now I'm using 2150 for the injector size in KManager.

Thanks!
Joe
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: KManager - Injector Size vs Flow Rate (FIC 2150)

Post by Spunkster »

You need to put in the size of the injectors you are using, and also you must put in the correct dead times for the injectors you rare using. This will give you a starting point and can then adjust the overall trim and fine tune in the fuel tables.

A return system has nothing to do with any of this.
carloverx

Post by carloverx »

Awesome, I really appreciate it. One other very quick question if you don't mind: where in KManager do I set base timing? I have a timing light and know the cars timing, but I can't find it in KManager (like it exists in SManager). Is it simply the Idle Ignition Controls in the "Idle" parameter?

Thanks again
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

With the K series engine the timing is based on the crank sensor, so it does not need to be set. However if you really want you can put a timing light on it and rotate the distributor...
Hondata