Tapping into rpm

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
dc5itr01

Tapping into rpm

Post by dc5itr01 »

Hi, can I tap into crank sensor signal wire to feed rpm to another device that requires rpm input? Should I use a 100ohm resistor?

Is it crucial to use the sensor ground and 5v sensor output for the tos sensor? I would like to not use it for various reasons. I will be feeding these 2 wires from another device to the tps sensor.. But this device will be grounded to same ground as ecu. If that helps.

What kind of signals does kpro require at the vss input on the kpro board ? I believe that I cant use abs wheel sensor. So what kind of signal does it require.? Any pulse signal? 0-5v? Can the accepted speed signal be calibrated?

Does kpro output all info including analogue and digital signals over the canbus outputs?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Tapping into rpm

Post by Spunkster »

You should not tap the sensors or the TPS. These are all required for it to work.

E26 is the engine speed output to the cluster.

Without knowing what it is you are trying to do it is really hard to give advice.
dc5itr01

Post by dc5itr01 »

Ok let me explain then,
Fitted a dual clutch gearbox that required a DBW throttle. I have a standalone DBW throttle controller. The DBW has built in tps. This tps signal I wanna send to kpro. Therefore cannot use original kpro sensor ground and 5v sensor live from kpro. Just the dbw tps I wanna send onto the original tps sensor wire. Is this ok to do? Or can I use an analogue input for tps signal input and disable main tps?
This same DBW controller requires an rpm signal. It will only accept crank sensor signal. Not rpm out of kpro that sends pulses. So I ask again, can I T off the crank sensor signal wire ? I've read somewhere to use a 100k resistor when doing so?

I no longer have OEM speed signal from a manual gearbox. I need to send a different speed signal to kpro at the vss input on the kpro board. I have read that abs signal wont work. So I ask again, what kind of signal does it accept? 0-5v? 0-12v? Square wave? Pulse of what nature?

My gearbox controller requires alot of kpro infomation over canbus to function properly. Does kpro send ALL info over canbus? Or only some? The ones that is crucial is tps,map,vss,rpm,analogues.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This is the CAN output:
http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/can_output.htm

DBW throttles do not use the 0-5V linear output like cable throttles. They have two outputs which are offset by 1.5V or so. That is not going to work with the ECU. It's up to you to work out a converter or some sort.

Same with the speed output.
Hondata
dc5itr01

Post by dc5itr01 »

I can confirm it does have 0-5v and 5-0v sensing.