V1.2.1.7 (June 14 2006)

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Hondata
Site Admin

V1.2.1.7 (June 14 2006)

Post by Hondata »

With version 1.2.1.6 is is apparent that people generally only update their software every 6 - 12 months. This is causing problems when we sent out new systems with more recent software than people have. To help we've added a function to automatically check for new versions.

? Fixed problem where PRA ECU would not go into open loop when closed loop was disabled.
? Added automatic update check.
? Increase vss output smoothing.

Use the built in 'check for updates' function in KManager.
Hondata
rsxmachine

Post by rsxmachine »

heard some people complain of slow uploads/datalogging frame rate with 1.2.1.6, were those isolated instances?

I'm still on 1.2.1.1 because everything works perfectly more me and I get 45-50 fps with an old 600 MHz laptop :)
2002 RSX Type-S ? Firepepper Red
thesilverbullet

Post by thesilverbullet »

so v16 kal and communcation problems were only with newer ecu's with newer kal and peps using older ver?
'23 RDX SH-AWD
'07 S2K w/ JVT header, Berk 3" header back w/ TP Exhaust, AEM V3 CAI & Flashpro
'02 RSX-S w/cai/exhaust/dcrh/kpro - SOLD
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should be using the newest version of software.

The problems reported were not from the software updates.
thesilverbullet

thanks
'23 RDX SH-AWD
Razathorn

Post by Razathorn »

I loaded 1.2.1.6 up on my laptop (that came with a friends new k-pro he JUST got today) and it crashes every time I try to start it. I had 1.2.1.somethingelse before that didn't work with the new k-pro firmware it seems, however it didn't crash 100% of the time at launch.

I'm not sure if this is an issue you're going to be addressing or were aware of -- it was on windows 2000, an old laptop I use only for tuning. I will try the 1.2.1.7 on the laptop and see if it works or if the problem persists. I can't move to XP, so hopefully that's not the problem ;).

I have another laptop with xp, but it has had a history of not wanting to stay connected to k-pro.

Wayne
2003 black RSX type-s / jrsc @ 12psi / methanol injection / aftercooled
thesilverbullet

no problems as normal with the v17 upgrade - uploading kal's is a little slower on my older machine (running xp on a ibm thinkpad 600e, 300mhz pen ii, 128k ram) like some peps reported.

how is download speed on a faster machine? i'm waiting like 1-2min to download.

see post below - uploading is faster than ever with this version...
Last edited by thesilverbullet on Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'23 RDX SH-AWD
fvang

Post by fvang »

I am reporting this problem I have seen with 1.2.1.6 & 1.2.1.7 - I have a datalog which is 24 min. long When opening in the 1.6 & 1.7 versions, it seems to run really slow especially selecting a time point in the window. I think the issue is that the window is trying to show all the data at once(it puts all the data in the window). In 1.2.1.5 version, I did not have this issue - I think it showed the datalog as a ~20 sec per window frame. I can continue to see the rest by scrolling to the right. This was a pretty fast algorithm. However, now it seems you want to see everything at once.

2nd. is that when datalogging 1.6 version for around 20 min. (I think), the tool crashes. I do not know what the reason is. I have 1 gig memory 1.8Ghz ( sony vaio fj270).

I tried uploading, but there is a problem (the site says "no post mode".)

Please take a look into this.

fvang

Please take a look.

Fvang
thesilverbullet

well I've been a dumb ass, i tried uploading a kal w/ all windows closed like when data logging and shit is fast as hell - can't believe i just figured this out. sob...
'23 RDX SH-AWD