tip-in jerk

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
talonxracer

tip-in jerk

Post by talonxracer »

I have a problem with tip-in and decel jerk. The motor is a A2, K2's, RBC, maxbore TB, 440's, SSR header.

I had searched and tried the info I found, tps ignition set at -100,-100,-100,-50,-100,-100, and fuel overrun set at 15 for all columns.

I datalogged and noticed that the ignition cycles between appro 24-34 degrees in relation to the jerks.

Any ideas on how to smoothen this out?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you provide the datalog and calibration?
Hondata
cxcivic

Post by cxcivic »

I am having the same problem. k24/k20head/prc mani/ssr/comptech 520cc inj/kpro. At first i though it was overrun cuttoff, so i set it at 15kpa, but it didnt fix the jerkiness. after that i rescaled tps, it helped a little but still jerky.
i know the inj spray pattern isnt the best, but after looking at the log, i seems to be ecu related. From the log u see injector cut, along with funky ignition values. NOTE in cal. that colums1-3 cam angles were at 10deg, not0deg. Any thoughts?
Attachments
spudder.kdl
(108.42 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
k24civic.kal
(45.74 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
FASTCRX
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It looks like your TPS may be out of adjustment. See what it reads with only the ignition on and the engine not running and then go wide open throttle and see what it reads.
cxcivic

Post by cxcivic »

Spunkster wrote:It looks like your TPS may be out of adjustment. See what it reads with only the ignition on and the engine not running and then go wide open throttle and see what it reads.
I did rescale the tps with the engine off. no throttle, and full throttle. like I said, I did that, and it helped, but not much. ill get a new log with it rescaled, should of done that in the first place, sorry.
FASTCRX
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may need to adjust the tps manually so that it reads 0 percent without any correction from the software...this is the best way to do it anyway.