kpro program problem, need help

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
donpie1

Post by donpie1 »

I have dc5 type r swap in my ek with k-pro. I installed the program for stock type R , I was able to start the car, made it idle and drive very well with some fine tuning. The problem that I have is when you apply full throtle the injectors cut off. But if you gradually step into it, it rev and runs like an animal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Razathorn

Re: kpro program problem, need help

Post by Razathorn »

donpie1 wrote:I have dc5 type r swap in my ek with k-pro. I installed the program for stock type R , I was able to start the car, made it idle and drive very well with some fine tuning. The problem that I have is when you apply full throtle the injectors cut off. But if you gradually step into it, it rev and runs like an animal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Datalog the problem. I bet you have lean spots in one of your fuel tables for a cam angle you didn't tune at a certain load/speed. For instance, when you stomp on the gas, the load instantly goes to column 9/10 or 8/9. It takes a second for the cams to advance/retard to the desired cam angle. I bet you go to full load on a cam angle fuel table you didn't tune and it gets lean cut before it has time to switch to the cam table you did tune. This would cause you to be able to 'creep' up to WOT and allow the cam to slowly phase in along the cam map while in closed loop, and by the time you reach the wot columns, the cams may already be at the desired angle fot the table you tuned.

A datalog of the two will show us if this is the case.

Wayne
2003 black RSX type-s / jrsc @ 12psi / methanol injection / aftercooled
donpie1

Post by donpie1 »

Thanks for the reply, I will definately try it and get back to you

thanks
donpie1

Post by donpie1 »

Wayne, you are a genious, I did miss part of the map. Everything works veru well. Thanks Bro.....
Razathorn

Re: kpro program problem, need help

Post by Razathorn »

donpie1 wrote:Wayne, you are a genious, I did miss part of the map. Everything works veru well. Thanks Bro.....
Good deal. This is why when I don't intend to tune cam angles I will edit all tables at once with the edit all tables check box -- at least for fuel. Assuming that the map was somewhat tuned in the first place, it's reasonable to assume that another cam angle will need similar fuel adjustments at that load/speed. For instance, when I do a quick cleanup tune of an n/a bolt-on stock cam car with the coldair calibration, I just use edit all tables to clean up the fuel for WOT and then during those cam transition periods the a/f never goes out of whack.

When I intend to do a full cam angle tune, I edit/tune every table one at a time.

Glad to hear you got it working.
2003 black RSX type-s / jrsc @ 12psi / methanol injection / aftercooled
Anointeddc5

Post by Anointeddc5 »

Wayne- are you willing to make a trip up to Lincoln to tune my car on a dyno? :lol: