high cam fuel value will not change

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
dc5ftw

high cam fuel value will not change

Post by dc5ftw »

Here's the deal guys. After putting all my turbo stuff on, I went to the dyno to tune it. For some reason after 4500 RPM it would go off the scale rich. We tried changing the fuel for hours but nothing will ever show when we would do a pull. Changing idle worked fine, changing boost cut off works fine and all the other little things like that worked fine. Well I waited until I had the extra money and had the local Hondata tuner around here to tune it. It did the same thing for him on the first pull. Then he changed the fuel values several times and it worked fine. Well I just put a new intake manifold on and Im trying to street tune it and it won't change again. Im watching the A/F with my laptop and it's in the very low 11's no matter what. I even took out over 30% fuel and it was still in the low 11's. And you can smell it bad. It's getting terrible performance and gas mileage bc it's getting to much fuel. Anyone have any idea's? I don't understand what Im doing every time and why it won't take effect. Oh and btw, Im using RC 550cc's and it's a K20A3 with a Type S intake manifold. Big Turbonetics turbo, revhard manifold, TiAL wastegate, 3" exhaust from turbo back. No matter what map I put on it, it does the super rich thing. I may start with a stock map and work off that one and see what it does.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like you are changin the wrong fuel values. Make sure you are changint eh fuel values associated with the cam angle you are running at at that point in the datalog. It would help for you to provide the datalogs and calibrations of before and after you make the changes.
dc5ftw

Post by dc5ftw »

I may actually be doing that. Im not all the way used to K-Pro yet. Didn't realize you could select the wrong fuel values to change lol. How do I know which cam angle Im changing the fuel values for? All I've been doing is going straight in to the high cam fuel tables and selecting the area that needs less fuel and hitting ctrl+j and taking out a certain percent. Thanks for the reply
fonz600

Post by fonz600 »

Your more than likely adding fuel to the 0 degree map then mate.
If your not so sure about mapping yourself I'd be careful what your doing. Especially with being FI.
Tick the box saying adjust all angles to make it easier for you.
dc5ftw

Post by dc5ftw »

hah how stupid of me. I really appreciate this guys. I haven't had time to check and see if that's it yet but I will tonight. Im sure that's what the problem is. And I know what Im doing for the most part lol. I've tuned cars before with Hondata and Crome but Im still getting used to K-Pro. My timing is very conservative and Im watching my a/f like a hawk when I drive. I can give it quarter throttle and it smells something awful lol. That's just an idea of how rich it is. I'll check and see if Im just adjusting the 0 degree cam angle or not and then I'll repost. Thanks again!
dc5ftw

Post by dc5ftw »

I haven't had a chance to try it out in the car yet but I just opened open the map and looked and yep, sure enough it was set on 0 degrees and the box for "edit all" was unchecked. I checked it and made some changes and now it SHOULD work. I'll let you guys know tomorrow. Thanks a lot for the help. This is going to save me money