Kpro goes offline during datalog/record

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
b005t3drsx

Kpro goes offline during datalog/record

Post by b005t3drsx »

Hey Guys I need some help. I have been having some trouble with kpro. At random times (no common factor as i can see) kpro will just go into Offline mode. I can unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and theres no problem. I thought maybe it was my computer. However, I tried it on 3 other computers and it does the same thing. One thing I have noiced is that it does generally during high load during my street tunes. Just curious as to what could cause this
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Garrett_si

Post by Garrett_si »

the same problem could occured on some cars with the good plugs on
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Datalogging disconnects are caused by (in order):

- wrong spark plugs
- engine swap harnesses
- bad / missing grounds
- damaged engine bay wiring from a turbocharger
- scotch locks / butt connectors / t connectors / mickey mouse ecu wiring

See the first part of this page http://www.hondata.com/techk20swapgrounds.html about checking ground current flows.
Hondata
Joelspy70

Post by Joelspy70 »

I have also noticed a trend of this happening when you have to many windows open in kpro ex. display, sensors, parameters. Try closing all windows within kpro and doing a datalog. Also have you windows task manager open and see if your system resource is maxing out during the datalog.
Joel
03 RSX-S
Peakboost Turbo Kit, Full 3" Turbo back Exhaust, RC 750cc Injectors, NGK-BKR8EIX, Full Race Vaccum Block, Odyssey PC680MJ Battery, Innovative Mounts, Valve cover engine ground.
Kpro Version: 1.2.8
b005t3drsx

Post by b005t3drsx »

Well I bought some ferrite cores to put around the usb cable to see if that helps. Also I have ordered a set of NGK spark plugs but I don't want to use them till I go to the dyno. I also have gone back and checked all my grounds. I will let you guys know what i find out.

I will check the system resources however i seriously doubt thats the issues cause i have a intel quad core extreme processor w/ 4 gb of ram. But I will check it out next time I do a datalog as well.

Thanks again guys
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Adding ferrite cores usually helps, but remember that this will not fix the root cause.
Hondata
b005t3drsx

Post by b005t3drsx »

I agree. I know the spark plugs are prob the problem, however I figure the cores will solve the problem for now and will help provide further protection when I do have the correct plugs in. Thanks again for your help and for such a good product i love kpro.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Change the plugs first...especially if you know they are the incorrect plugs to begin with.
b005t3drsx

Post by b005t3drsx »

I have a set of ngks I am using bosch platnium. However I don't want to burn out these ngks so I am saving them till I go to the dyno. Thats why I don't put them in.