Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
b005t3drsx

Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction

Post by b005t3drsx »

Hey guys I have a quick question. I have a question. I keep getting this error at random times. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the error. Any idea as to what problems can cause this error code to be thrown. I have tried a new knock sensor that didn't solve the problem. Any help guys cause i can't get tuned till i get this fixed.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

b005t3drsx

Post by b005t3drsx »

- serial number of your K-Pro
I don't have it an my car is not here right now

- the calibration (as an attachment)
I would prefer not to upload my kal as it's a dyno tune that I paid for.

- a datalog of a problem (as an attachment)
Don't have a datalog as it's a error code that is being thrown. The error code is "Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction"

- what sort of vehicle you have
2002 Acura Rsx Type S Turboed

- what sort of ECU you are using
Stock ECU modified by kpro

- anything about the car which has been modified from stock which may affect the ECU (don't include what sort of rims you have nor stereo etc).
I have a built motor w/ 9:1 compression, new rods, rebuilt head, revhard manifold, sc61.

- a specific description of the problem
Basically at random times i get a cel and it shows this "knock sensor circuit malfunction" code. There doesn't seem to be a specific rhyme or reason it just randomly happens.
locash

Post by locash »

You have to understand that most of us could care less about the fact that you paid to have your car tuned. In order to properly assist you, the calibration and a datalog are necessary to help isolate the problem. Also, with datalogging on, you can record when the error code pops up and try to find the reason for it.

Without your willingness to supply this information, I'm going to say to check your wiring.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing