Read button on Knock/TPS are not enabled!

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
A4XRBJ1

Read button on Knock/TPS are not enabled!

Post by A4XRBJ1 »

Hi,

I started my engine today for the first time with the Hondata, first start was ok but after a couple of starts it takes about 5-7 seconds to start.

I wanted to check if my TPS settings are right, but I can't click on the read button as both are constantly disabled. Please note that I'm connected to the Hondata and the ignition is on, even though the engine is not running.

Newest version of KManager 1.3.5.4

TIA,

Andreas
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must be datalogging fo rthem to be able to read.
A4XRBJ1

Post by A4XRBJ1 »

Spunkster wrote:You must be datalogging fo rthem to be able to read.
Blush, ok, now I'm smarter. Problem solved. What still puzzles me, I've got a negative reading for the minimum. I though 0 volt was the only possible minimum?

Thanks Spunkster,

Andreas
European Honda AP1
Vortech sc w 14 PSI boost w aftercooler
Hondata KManager Ver.1.3.4.5
RC 750cc
AEM 3.5bar MAP
ERL/Aquamist water injection system 2D
Head & manifold ported by Alaniz
3'' custom built exhaust w Berk kat
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The TPS sensor may read a negative percentage but this does not mean the voltage is negative. 0% is approx 0.45V
Hondata
sinistrs2k

Possible bug found with this

Post by sinistrs2k »

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread on this or just use this one, but I think i've found a bug with these TPS settings.

Like the OP, when I do a "read" I get -4% for the minimum setting. This is fine and definitely seems to help with low throttle issues, particularly with fuel over run kicking in at the wrong time.

The issue appears to be that when I do a "save" the value that is written to the file is 1 higher than what is in the field. For example, after the read I have -4% displayed in the minimum field. If I then do a save, close the file and reopen it, I now have -3% (actually -2.9%). If I then immediately hit the save button again, close the file and re-open it, I know have -1.9%. This continues until it hits 0. Just closing and re-opening the file doesn't change the value, so it seems to be changed when Save writes to the file.

After doing a few saves, I will have completely lost my TPS calibration and have to redo it. I tested this with versions 1.3.5.0, 1.3.5.2, and 1.3.5.4 and on 2 different PCs.

Thanks,
J
KPro Serial# 5071
02 S2000
I/H/E
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Thanks for pointing that out. It is a rounding error. I'll fix this for the next release.
Hondata