S2000 750rc's soaking in gasoline when starting

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
A4XRBJ1

S2000 750rc's soaking in gasoline when starting

Post by A4XRBJ1 »

Hi,

my car and tuning is fine, making 436hp @ 8333 rpm on a Honda S2000, so that's great.

Only problem that exists is that the injectors (RC 750's) are shooting way too much gasoline in when the car is started. It smells gasoline immediately and I'd two occasions now when the sparks got so wet when starting, they didn't even started anymore and I had clean them and get them dry again.

It's mostly happening on warm starts, cold fires up in a second, warm starts take about 2-5 secs to start.

Is there a way that I can adjust this in KPro, so that on starts less gasoline is injected? For any other condition the car is running absolutely fine and is kicking ass (eg. less than 10 secs from 100 to 200 km/h, that's GTR/Porsche Turbo numbers)!

TIA,

Andreas

PS: Still on last version, would update to beta 1.3.6 help me too?
European Honda AP1
Vortech sc w 14 PSI boost w aftercooler
Hondata KManager Ver.1.3.4.5
RC 750cc
AEM 3.5bar MAP
ERL/Aquamist water injection system 2D
Head & manifold ported by Alaniz
3'' custom built exhaust w Berk kat
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You can reduce the cranking fuel to fix this, but normally just adjusting the injector size will take care of the cranking fuel, so there may another problem. What are your fuel adjustments from the 'fuel trim' page?
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Also what is your fuel pressure at?
A4XRBJ1

Post by A4XRBJ1 »

Hondata wrote:You can reduce the cranking fuel to fix this, but normally just adjusting the injector size will take care of the cranking fuel, so there may another problem. What are your fuel adjustments from the 'fuel trim' page?
Hi,

I do not have any fuel adjustments overall, everything is set to 0%. My tuner didn't do any test to this unfortunately.

What is your suggestion to start with as a good value for the cranking fuel trim%? Should I start with -15%?

I do have a PTANK reading of -0.11 PSI, but that comes from not applying the throttle I guess. I can't tell you otherwise what fuel pressure I have, I don't have any gauge to read that.

Thanks,

Andreas
European Honda AP1
RC 750cc
AEM 3.5bar MAP
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

YOu will have to try different values until it resolves the issue.
A4XRBJ1

Post by A4XRBJ1 »

Spunkster wrote:YOu will have to try different values until it resolves the issue.
The answer I was more looking for is something like "You have to try the biggest negative value where the car will fire up immediately" or so. You're is rather obvious
European Honda AP1
RC 750cc
AEM 3.5bar MAP