EP3 2004 Civic Si K24a Swap Calibration needed

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Markdabz

EP3 2004 Civic Si K24a Swap Calibration needed

Post by Markdabz »

Hello everyone,

I recently swapped my 2004 Civic Si (EP3) with a k24a RBB 3 Lobe engine No bolt ons all stock.
I want to see if anyone has a Calibration I can use to get my car running for a few days before adding bolt ons and heading to the dyno for a tune.

Thank you guys so much.
CalibratEd

Re: EP3 2004 Civic Si K24a Swap Calibration needed

Post by CalibratEd »

I can help with tuning the car if you can provide data logs with wideband data.

Also, if you plan to dyno tune the car reach out the shop and they should be able to send you a basemap to get you to their shop.

- Ed
Markdabz

Post by Markdabz »

CalibratEd wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:57 pm I can help with tuning the car if you can provide data logs with wideband data.

Also, if you plan to dyno tune the car reach out the shop and they should be able to send you a basemap to get you to their shop.

- Ed

Ed Thank you so much for your reply I appreciate it. Can you give me some time to provide you those date logs with wideband. This Friday I will actually be traveling out of state and will be back soon. Ill reply on here when im back or message you directly, i was just hoping some one had one so i wouldnt be so much of a bother lol but thank you. Do you think using the new calibrations on kpro that is on the "others" section and says stock TSX map will be fine. Or i can only choose the ones specific to my ECU/car model. But i will also contact the shop and see if they can provide with a base map, i actually didnt think of that! thank you!
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Markdabz wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:16 pm
CalibratEd wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:57 pm I can help with tuning the car if you can provide data logs with wideband data.

- Ed

Ed Thank you so much for your reply I appreciate it. Can you give me some time to provide you those date logs with wideband. This Friday I will actually be traveling out of state and will be back soon. Ill reply on here when im back or message you directly, i was just hoping some one had one so i wouldnt be so much of a bother lol but thank you. Do you think using the new calibrations on kpro that is on the "others" section and says stock TSX map will be fine. Or i can only choose the ones specific to my ECU/car model. But i will also contact the shop and see if they can provide with a base map, i actually didnt think of that! thank you!
Take your time. I will make sure to subscribe to the thread so i know when you post. Yes, the file "K24-tsx-stock.kal" is a great start. The tunes can be used interchangeably depending on what you are running. I do not mind helping with tuning or remote tuning but id someone always has plans to get dyno tuned I always recommend people reach out to the shop they are getting tuned from for a base tune.

-Ed
Markdabz

Post by Markdabz »

CalibratEd wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:14 am
Markdabz wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:16 pm

- Ed

Take your time. I will make sure to subscribe to the thread so i know when you post. Yes, the file "K24-tsx-stock.kal" is a great start. The tunes can be used interchangeably depending on what you are running. I do not mind helping with tuning or remote tuning but id someone always has plans to get dyno tuned I always recommend people reach out to the shop they are getting tuned from for a base tune.

-Ed
Hello, I am finally back lol i took a nice trip. Now im focused on finishing this ep3 k24. So i have a question again on the calibrations. You know how i previously stated if i can use the kal that is in others named "K24-tsx-stock.kal" you stated yes. That one ofcourse will need some tweaks to work smooth. I have a question can i use the one found on the RSX section for a stock tsx tuned for 91?? is it ok to use the kal meant for RSX Ecu on my Ep3 ecu?
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Yes, you can run the tune under the RSX drop down.

-Ed
Markdabz

Post by Markdabz »

CalibratEd wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:30 am Yes, you can run the tune under the RSX drop down.

-Ed
I have another question, my k20a3 engine had 2 connectors on the vtec solenoid. The k24a only has 1, is the one on the k20a3 the oil pressure switch? do i need to add that on the k24a from the k20a3 or can i just disable it on Kpro and ill be fine?
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Yes, you do not need to connect it and it can be disabled in the calibration file.

-Ed
Markdabz

Post by Markdabz »

CalibratEd wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:12 am Yes, you do not need to connect it and it can be disabled in the calibration file.

-Ed
I cant seem to get my car to turn on. We checked the grounds we added another ground. we have the valve cover ground front the fuel rail area and added a ground from the manifold to chassis. i disabled the immobolizer. loaded the stock tsx kal. it cranks but wont start. Will an aftermarket alarm effect it from starting? removing that alarm tomorrow. Also the kal loaded fine and kpro connects to the laptop perfectly.
Markdabz

Post by Markdabz »

Today we also tried the ECU on another friends car and it fired up his car immediately so its not the Kpro or the Map
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

It’s good you ruled out the ECU. Did you check if your car was throwing any codes? Is the fuel pump priming?

-Ed
Markdabz

Post by Markdabz »

CalibratEd wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:39 am It’s good you ruled out the ECU. Did you check if your car was throwing any codes? Is the fuel pump priming?

-Ed
Yes we for sure are getting fuel 100% the fuel pump primes, it cranks but no spark. we are going to test all the spark plugs. But we feel like the aftermarket alarm might be preventing it from starting we might remove it completely.
Markdabz

Post by Markdabz »

Oh and no codes
Markdabz

Post by Markdabz »

CalibratEd wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:39 am It’s good you ruled out the ECU. Did you check if your car was throwing any codes? Is the fuel pump priming?

-Ed
I finally got her running it was the alarming preventing spark we immediately took out the alarm and the car started immediately.
I have a question does the JDM k24 not measure oil pressure? I check on My Kpro App and it shows 0 even when driving.
Markdabz

Post by Markdabz »

I have another question for closed loop should it be disable or can i select wideband PNF since i have the ep3 ecu and stock 02 sensor?