How to use a 05 RSX transmission with KPro

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
K24Zivic

How to use a 05 RSX transmission with KPro

Post by K24Zivic » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:03 pm

So, a long time ago I asked if there is a way to use KPro and a 05 RSX transmission. Turns out there is... You have to add a S2000 gauge cluster. The S2000 uses a high frequency vehicle speed sensor, like the one found in 05+ RSX. So, you run the signal wire from the speed sensor to the S2000 cluster. Next, you run the cruise control speed output from the S2000 cluster to the VSS input at the ECU. The cruise control output signal is a low frequency, same as 02-04 RSX transmission vehicle speed sensor. Basically, you get to use a S2000 cluster as a vehicle speed signal converter. I modified my EG fuel level float arm to make the fuel gauge work properly, wired the oil and charge lights using the existing dash harness. Then wired the security light to act as the MIL. The coolant gauge in the S2000 cluster won't work (CAN protocol), but a good numbered gauge is better anyway. I have been using this setup for a couple years now without issue. For the price of and VSS signal modifier, I have a S2000 cluster that does the same thing plus looks cool too.
92 Civic VX: 05 K24A4 05 RSX 6 speed 06 Civic Si Shifter Electric water pump Skunk2 Stage 3 Cams OG Hasport header with 3"