VTEC crossover Issue with K24A2 in 06 RSX S

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
ROCKSTAR69

VTEC crossover Issue with K24A2 in 06 RSX S

Post by ROCKSTAR69 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:09 am

Hi all,

Been experiencing some strange issues hoping some can give me some ideas.

Last winter we pulled out a perfectly running built K24A2 out from my racecar and swapped into a new 06 RSX S she'll I acquired.

After the swap completed the car would have issue idling, checked over all wiring (Z1 harness) everything seemed fine. Replaced the Primary O2 and the problem went away. Then I noticed it seemed to run a bit rich, quite a bit of backfire etc. (No knock) and issue went away.

Car drives completed normal, no CEL but seems to have a bit of hesitation. I finally had the chance to download my calibration and did some datalog. Calibration seems normal I did have to change some settings in VTEC boundary as it didn't seem normal and also played with idle rpm and both seemed ok. I thought the hesitation had something to do with my TB and TPS so I replaced both.

The strange experience I'm having is that when I'm cruising at normal speed and wanted to WOT go get into VTEC it would bog and struggle and rpm climbs slow at VTEC crossover point but it's fine after it gets into VTEC.

But if I was to go WOT from the get go from a standstill all the way upto redline I wouldn't experience the bogging at all.

It's a built motor with Skunk2 stage 2 cams, shaved crankshaft, Z1 oil pick up, RBC manifold K tuned TB/TPS, Cosworth 12.5:1 Pistons VTC at 35•

When I did datalog, AF seems normal, no codes, had some knocks after driving for a longer period of time. BUT it does NOT read Cam Angle and Cam Command at all. CamCMD at 0 and Cam at -20 doesn't matter at what rpm.

Any ideas?

ROCKSTAR69

Re: VTEC crossover Issue with K24A2 in 06 RSX S

Post by ROCKSTAR69 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:24 am

Here's my calibration and datalog.

KManagerV4-2-6
Attachments
DaveK24.kal
Calibration
(163.24 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

ROCKSTAR69

Post by ROCKSTAR69 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:30 am

Datalog
Attachments
DL3.kdl
(9.33 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
DL2.kdl
(8.38 MiB) Downloaded 41 times

ROCKSTAR69

Post by ROCKSTAR69 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:50 am

Looked over the calibration, found this in the Ignition Highspeed table, does that look abnormal?
Attachments
Questionable Ignition Highspeed.jpg
Questionable Ignition Highspeed.jpg (264.06 KiB) Viewed 2368 times

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:20 pm

I would recommend that you try the ECU on a known working car to help rule out where the problem might be. If it reads cam angles on a known working vehicle then you know it is not the ECU.

ROCKSTAR69

Post by ROCKSTAR69 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:00 am

thanks for the help @Spunkster, the ECU is fine, I've tried it on another known working vehicle.

I've done some reason on this forum as well, and I have a question if I can.

Spoke with my tuner yesterday, he looks over the map made some adjustments and it does seem to drive a bit better. But I should replace my fuel pump and Primary O2 and get the car retuned is the recommendation.

However, I looked at the calibration real quick, the VTC was clicked off (disabled), shouldn't that be enabled then limit the degree to whatever it's pinned at?

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:23 am

If VTC is disabled that is why you are not getting any VTC activity. You need to discuss this all with your tuner as they will be most qualified to set everything correctly based on your setup.