K24A2 TSX CAM ANGLE MAX ADVANCE??????????????

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
civic1234

K24A2 TSX CAM ANGLE MAX ADVANCE??????????????

Post by civic1234 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Dear HONDATA,

I have dyno tuned a 100% stock Accord K24A4 engine with 6266 turbo sidewinder manifold with 3" exhaust all the way and it made the MOST power at ZERO degree cam angle under boost. Stock Accord K24A4 cam angle is maxed out at 20 degrees from factory.

Hondata has an article about CUSTOM machining the TSX K24A2's IVTEC cam gear to be able to go up to 45 degree cam angle to make the most power on all motor set up with bolt on's because the engine needs more cam angle with your usual intake, header, exhaust upgrade bolt on's.

Now the simple question is this, I studied the cam angle of stock K20 and K24/K20 turbo maps and noticed that TURBO engines DO NOT like too much cam angle and overlap under boost (Opposite of all motor). Is there even any point in doing the custom 45 degree cam gear knowing the fact that it will probably NOT MAKE any power under boost using anything over say 25 degree cam angle?

Therefore, is it wise to conclude that a stock K24A2 TSX engine will NOT benefit from more cam angle than the stock 25 degree cam angle using stock cams since most turbo K series do not need more angle angle during boost???

CHEERS....

Zperformance

Re: K24A2 TSX CAM ANGLE MAX ADVANCE??????????????

Post by Zperformance » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Well im sure with the current cam angle degrees you should be fine, since you are turbo. You would want less cam angle since you will have a lot of back pressure with high cam angle + the turbo. Supercharge will be vice versa since you would want a higher cam angle degree on a Supercharge application.

civic1234

Re: K24A2 TSX CAM ANGLE MAX ADVANCE??????????????

Post by civic1234 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:00 pm

Zperformance wrote:Well im sure with the current cam angle degrees you should be fine, since you are turbo. You would want less cam angle since you will have a lot of back pressure with high cam angle + the turbo. Supercharge will be vice versa since you would want a higher cam angle degree on a Supercharge application.
Do you have first hand experience with this particular K24A4 combination? I only ask because what you said is the generic knowledge and consensus of what is out there, I want real world experience from people that have done the same, thanks