K20 w/ K24 cams, 550cc injectors idle surge help!!

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Cubias8719

K20 w/ K24 cams, 550cc injectors idle surge help!!

Post by Cubias8719 »

Hey guys. So I have a k20a2 with K24 cams. Specifically an 05 tsx. I've got DC race headers, rbc manifold, 550cc injectors. After about 3 minutes on a cold start the cars idle starts to surge. I took out the iac valve and cleaned it up since I knew that's usually the issue. Idle still surges. Don't know if there's any changes in the tune I can make to atleast make it idle right til I can take it to a tuner. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: K20 w/ K24 cams, 550cc injectors idle surge help!!

Post by Hondata »

Probably a vacuum leak. You can check is you (carefully) block the idle port with the end running - the engine should stall. Normal cause is the throttle plate leaking or injector seals.
Hondata
Cubias8719

Re: K20 w/ K24 cams, 550cc injectors idle surge help!!

Post by Cubias8719 »

That's what I'm mostly leaning towards. I had the same. Issue with another motor a did with the same setup. Only difference is 550cc vs 520 that the other had. And a port and Polish on this head which wasn't even too aggressive. Now my dumbass completely forgot that I have the brake calipers off this car. I'm gonna assume the leak is coming from there to the brake booster. Fingers crossed that that's the only problem it is