Help with cold start issue

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
marcs23

Help with cold start issue

Post by marcs23 »

I have rsx type-s stock motor, greddy turbo,3" exhaust. Car has been running fine for a long time. then a few week ago when I did a cold start is ran for a few seconds spudered then died. Tried starting back up same thing. then the third time when it spudered I reved it to like 7k rpm and when the idle came down it was perfect and ran perfect. Then the issue did not happen again for like 2 weeks. Anyway now it is happening on every cold start. When I try to rev, it like won't rev then dies. After I do this like 3 or 4 times, I can finally get it to rev to 7K rpms and once I do that then it runs fine. No cel either. And once it warm up, for the rest of my trip, it will start right up. it does bog down when I am driving once and a while though. but after the it is warm, it starts and runs fine. Any ideas? thanks much

Also I am on my second tank of gas so there is nothing wrong with the gas.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Help with cold start issue

Post by Spunkster »

Have anything else been changed in the last few weeks before this started?
marcs23

Post by marcs23 »

no, nothing at all.
I did a datalog. I noticed that before it stalls on the cold start up, my a/f is 10.7 and the inj is 12.09. And I did notice that a trip I took last week I used a large amount gas. I went like 45 mile and used almost half of a tank of gas. So it seems I am dumping too much fuel???

I have attached the datalog of the cold start and of a quick WOT run I did. Any help or suggestion would help me a lot. thanks
Attachments
wot 8.31.18.kdl
(533.6 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
cold start.kdl
(194.07 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You could have a problem with your fuel injectors. They may be dripping and causing it to run rich and act strange under certain conditions.
marcs23

Post by marcs23 »

Ok thanks. I will have them checked
marcs23

Post by marcs23 »

Problem solved. I had the injectors cleaned but it was not them. I had the car tuned and now it runs and idles great. thanks