JDM k20R Datalog... Whatcha Think

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Crxmanror

Post by Crxmanror »

cranny wrote:that question has been answered for you. didyou upload the calibration i gave you? post up another datalog.
When was my question answered?
cranny

Post by cranny »

spunkster told you your altitude was why it runs in the columns it does. lol , jesus boy , lol.
Crxmanror

Post by Crxmanror »

Ya i asked that same question in the other forum because i called hondata directly and got an answer that no, your altitude has nothing to do with the car running WOT in column 7. NA cars should runs columns 8 and above. I'm pretty surprised that hondata could not answer my question very well... dude wasnt very helpful at all. And to answer your question i havent tried the map you sent me yet. What all is different with the one you sent me?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Appologies if you did not get the answer you were looking for. The manifold pressure cannot be higher than the atmospheric pressure. Thus at elevations above sea level you may not run in column 10.
You can work this out by either looking up the standard atmosphere pressure for your elevation, or using the PA sensor. eg http://www.digitaldutch.com/atmoscalc/ For 5000 feet the standard air pressure is 24.89 inches absolute or -5.0 inches relative. Thus you would be in columns 6-8 at WOT, depending on the scaling of your calibration.
Hondata
fonz600

Post by fonz600 »

Crxmanror wrote:Ya i asked that same question in the other forum because i called hondata directly and got an answer that no, your altitude has nothing to do with the car running WOT in column 7. NA cars should runs columns 8 and above. I'm pretty surprised that hondata could not answer my question very well... dude wasnt very helpful at all. And to answer your question i havent tried the map you sent me yet. What all is different with the one you sent me?
Dude, Spunkster answered your question in the other thread pretty plainly to me. Your coming across quite rude as well and considering cranny is helping u out for nothing then maybe u should listen to what he is saying. He has helped out a lot of people on here.
Crxmanror

Post by Crxmanror »

fonz600 wrote:
Crxmanror wrote:Ya i asked that same question in the other forum because i called hondata directly and got an answer that no, your altitude has nothing to do with the car running WOT in column 7. NA cars should runs columns 8 and above. I'm pretty surprised that hondata could not answer my question very well... dude wasnt very helpful at all. And to answer your question i havent tried the map you sent me yet. What all is different with the one you sent me?
Dude, Spunkster answered your question in the other thread pretty plainly to me. Your coming across quite rude as well and considering cranny is helping u out for nothing then maybe u should listen to what he is saying. He has helped out a lot of people on here.
Your right... Spunkster did answer my question and if I remember correctly I thanked him for providing great information. I think what you dont realize is I posted the elevation question that Spunkster answered after I called and talked directly to Hondata's tech support and was told that it had nothing to do with elevation and I should be in columns 8 and above and that I had a restriction somewhere which i felt was not the problem. So with that Hondata tech support should be very knowledgeable on there product in all running conditions not just sea level. I was initially provided incorrect information and that is the reason I asked the question several times. All i was asking for was consistant information. As far as being rude i have never said anything bad about cranny and he has been helpful which I have thanked him for.
Crxmanror

Post by Crxmanror »

Hondata wrote:Appologies if you did not get the answer you were looking for. The manifold pressure cannot be higher than the atmospheric pressure. Thus at elevations above sea level you may not run in column 10.
You can work this out by either looking up the standard atmosphere pressure for your elevation, or using the PA sensor. eg http://www.digitaldutch.com/atmoscalc/ For 5000 feet the standard air pressure is 24.89 inches absolute or -5.0 inches relative. Thus you would be in columns 6-8 at WOT, depending on the scaling of your calibration.
Thanks for the answers you provided me which cleared up alot of the gray areas. The information above is great and thats all I was looking for. Very much appreciated.