Wiring AEM Pressure Gauges - Analog Inputs

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jgauth4468

Wiring AEM Pressure Gauges - Analog Inputs

Post by jgauth4468 »

I am prepping to wire AEM pressure gauges into the s300 for datalogging purposes. I'm using AEM 30-4401 Fluid Pressure gauges, 0-100psi, for Oil and Fuel Pressure. I have included the AEM connection diagram and the s300 Analog Pressure Diagram.

I have a switched fuse block, which the gauge is wired to, for both the power and ground. I plan to use weather-pack connector, and wire the 0-5v white output from the gauges to the analog 0 and analog 1 inputs. I do not see any reason to utilize the analog ground, am I incorrect in this? Again, the fuse block is switch power & the chassis ground for the gauges already.
Attachments
s300 Guide Diagram.JPG
s300 Guide Diagram.JPG (74.25 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
AEM diagram.JPG
AEM diagram.JPG (108.7 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Wiring AEM Pressure Gauges - Analog Inputs

Post by Spunkster »

The gauge does not have a 5v ground according to the diagram. Do not connect a 12v ground to the s300.
jgauth4468

Post by jgauth4468 »

Thanks for the feedback. Went ahead and wired up as expected.

One follow on question regarding units for my gauge display. the AEM gauge is a liner gauge 0.5-4.5v (called AEM) for 0-100 PSI. In the analog inputs I've set it up as "custom" with the corresponding voltage & value. Is there any work around to get my Display to show PSI and not bar? Maybe use a gauge instead of a Value? However, I assume for datalogging it will still be in units of bar?

I appreciate any help on this.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you are using custom, you have the option to choose the pressure units on the analog input settings.