jerk while in freeway

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
allm0t0rGSR

jerk while in freeway

Post by allm0t0rGSR »

need help my car jerk in freeway i was looking at the datalog the timing goes 56 deg when it jerk (at 0:01:01.738s and0:01:12.368s) and it seems all sensor goes down and get back to normal..

pls look at my datalog and cal...
thanks
Attachments
jerk.s3d
datalog.....
(456.44 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
TypeR.skl
calibration
(34.79 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The ECU is resetting itself - could be the main relay or power supply, or possible the distributor.
Hondata
allm0t0rGSR

Post by allm0t0rGSR »

Hondata wrote:The ECU is resetting itself - could be the main relay or power supply, or possible the distributor.
what do you mean by the distributor? mine is a complete oem and pretty much new...
blackek4

Post by blackek4 »

Hondata wrote:The ECU is resetting itself - could be the main relay or power supply, or possible the distributor.
i also have this exact same problem.

hondata could you explain a little better how can we troubleshoot this?
allm0t0rGSR

Post by allm0t0rGSR »

anyone culd explain how to solve this?
GTMcoupe

Post by GTMcoupe »

Might be worth checking all you earths/powers are secure

west
Its Small, Its Red, Its Mid engined, It has a B18 fitted, 250hp+per tonne + nitrous
diSTiNCt

Re: jerk while in freeway

Post by diSTiNCt »

allm0t0rGSR wrote:need help my car jerk in freeway i was looking at the datalog the timing goes 56 deg when it jerk (at 0:01:01.738s and0:01:12.368s) and it seems all sensor goes down and get back to normal..

pls look at my datalog and cal...
thanks
hmmm, interesting, I have a similar problem but instead of having my ignition spiking, my AFR's go to 10:1 and jerks or feels like it hits a wall
allm0t0rGSR

Post by allm0t0rGSR »

it happened agen... it seems my afr went to 12.x afr and the vss went 0?

i check everything and it seems everything is in good condistion?
Attachments
jerk 2.s3d
datalog2
(463.6 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
GTMcoupe

Post by GTMcoupe »

Did you check your engine loom to chassis loom plugs?

I had one of mine not clip 100% in place. car ran fine initially then I had jerking, visually it looked fine but when I pushed it together I heard it click and fixed, might be something as simple as that.
from memory this was giving odd readings for ECT/IAT which changed the fueling/spark due to the compensations.

West
Its Small, Its Red, Its Mid engined, It has a B18 fitted, 250hp+per tonne + nitrous
XPEHODATA

Post by XPEHODATA »

This problem begin from 1.4.3 version.
I have jerk at cruise and sometimes at idle. This problem I have once a day, when engine warming, when ECT is changing. VSS went 0 for second. Other sensors readings looks fine. Injectors or ignition not changed. But AFR go crazy - maybe very learn or very rich.
I have b16a with S2S2 cams. EDM ECU (like USDM).

With 1.4.2 and older software all fine!!!
diSTiNCt

Post by diSTiNCt »

allm0t0rGSR wrote:it happened agen... it seems my afr went to 12.x afr and the vss went 0?

i check everything and it seems everything is in good condistion?
this is exactly the problem i have; people have told me to get a grounding kit.

can anyone else confirm that an older version prevents this? if so, does anyone have an older smanger version that they can share?
red_zone

Post by red_zone »

XPEHODATA wrote:This problem begin from 1.4.3 version.
I have jerk at cruise and sometimes at idle. This problem I have once a day, when engine warming, when ECT is changing. VSS went 0 for second. Other sensors readings looks fine. Injectors or ignition not changed. But AFR go crazy - maybe very learn or very rich.
I have b16a with S2S2 cams. EDM ECU (like USDM).

With 1.4.2 and older software all fine!!!
i have the same problem
GTMcoupe

Post by GTMcoupe »

I ran 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 fine as an every day driver myself, 1.4.4 had an update I questioned hondata for on the behaviour on the nitrous 3 output not saving correctly on 1.4.3 and they updated it just before a drag meet for me and I used 1.4.4 to great effect.

Might be worth going through every option on your map and making sure everything is right if you have not done this yet.

Neil
met

jerk

Post by met »

First off, I have a 97 civic ex with a jdm b18c I have the stock obd2 ecu and with it the car runs fine. When I switch to my dyno tuned obd1 p28 with s300, I have this random miss. I have gone over all the settings many times, so in my case I believe that there is something wrong with my obd1 setup due to the fact it does fine with the stock computer.
For some reason I can't attach my datalog. I have a few of them, so when I go see my tuner this coming week he will know what I'm talking about. If this is a problem with the new revision of the software I would like to know. In the datalog my speed goes from 63mph to 23mph in less than a second and also shows a gear change nothing else seems to account for this. Even though it shows a gear change, I did not change gears. I compared my set-up to known good running tunes and they are very comparable, so I doubt this has to do with any settings.
Can I not attach my log becuase I am new?
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

I have the same problem about jerkyness. It usually happen when i'm around 2000-3000 rpm specially before I change gears. It does not happen above 4k rpm just below that. Fells like a fuel cut off or ignition just cut off for second then it'll drive fine in the upper rpm.