Confused on wiring boost solenoid on obd2a-obd1 Jump harness

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
EkJimmy

Confused on wiring boost solenoid on obd2a-obd1 Jump harness

Post by EkJimmy »

I have a obd2a to obd1 jumper harness on a p28 and alittle confused on how to wire up boost solenoid. Looking at the jumper harness A11-EGR on the obd1 side jumps over to A20 on the obd2a side which is ICM - Ignition Control Module is this correct?

can I cut the A20 Wire on the obd2a engine harness and wire the boost solenoid directly off the A20 pin on the ecu side?

can anyone confirm if I have my wiring right. I'm a little concern that this A20 - ignition control module wire could be important. and the reason why I'm not chopping up the jumper harness is because I take my ecu in and out every night and would rather solder the solenoid wire on the engine harness. thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

EkJimmy

Post by EkJimmy »

thanks for the help, i just notice i read the ecu pinout wrong and didint realize the obd1 pin doesnt read from 1 to 10 left to right like the obd2a does instead it reads pin 1 3 5 7 so i started counting the pins 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 is where i got it all mixed up, thanks for the help that link really did help me solve my confusion lol