S300 on edelbrock secondary injectors

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
86elco

S300 on edelbrock secondary injectors

Post by 86elco »

My friend is looking into purcahsing a S300 for his 2000 civic, its got the full edelbrock performer x turbo kit, he wondering if hes going to have to remove the sencondary injectors that come with the kit or if the s300 can run them without heavy modification.
Martian

Post by Martian »

The s300 can drive an injector driver, but cannot run more than 4 injectors by itself.
thank you, thank you, I'm here all week
locash

Post by locash »

The OBD1 injector driver can drive 8 high impedance injectors in a drag race application. I do it all the time with Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors with no issues.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
boosted hybrid

Post by boosted hybrid »

Or wire the secondary injector power feed wires to a 30 amp relay, and let the s300 turn the relay on with the vtec engagement. Secondary injectors would only trigger with vtec, and doesnt let the drivers heat up much at all. Works good on street cars.
locash

Post by locash »

Yet one more component to fail. :) What nutjob customer of yours runs 8 injectors on a street car anyway?
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
Luke

Post by Luke »

could you explain how to wire 4 extra injectors to the ECU?

idea: second tank with E85 for 4 injectors, and 4 injectors for petrol.

so as a turboed driver you could switch maps between petrol and E85, add timing and/or boost and gain power, if wanted.

best regards Lukas
Last edited by Luke on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martian

Post by Martian »

you don't need 2 sets of injectors to do that. This is the who purpose of Hondata's map switching feature.
Tune on e-85
Flip to secondary map
tune secondary map
Drive it on street and flip a swith to change between the two maps.
Adding 4 more injectors is doing just that adding. You cant just flip a switch and change between banks of injectors. Well you could, but that would take a lot of relays.
Luke

Post by Luke »

i know, that in some way it is unneccessary.

but think about that:

if you fill up with E85, drive it for 300km and fill the gas tank up with petrol (95ocatane or even 102octane, like here available). the result is, that you don't have E85 nor pure petrol. it's some kind of E30/40/50 or something like that.

now your E85 map doesn't fit nor your petrol map.

that is why i would put a second fuel tank in, with a second pump, 4 secondary injectors. so you would have a tank of petrol (here: 91/95/98/100 or 102 octane) with it's tune for AFR and ignition AND a pure E85 tank with it's tune and possibilities of driving more timing and fueling.

best regards Lukas
Martian

Post by Martian »

there is not that drastic a difference so long as you mediate your fill ups properly. However, even if you did another fuel tank, you still wouldn't need another set of injectors.
Luke

Post by Luke »

i would... or how should i switch the fuel-lines?

i thought about one fuel-rail for petrol and another for E85, just how it is on the edelbrock possible. switching between fuelpumps is not that great deal.

another thought is, that i could use a magnetic valve to switch between those 2 fuel sorts, but then there would be the problem of error-codes etc. while switching...

but if it is neccessary or not isn't the question.
the question is if there is a possibility to drive 4 additional injectors or not. and if possible: how?

btw: between E85 and petrol there is a difference of at least 20% fuel, at WOT even more ;) that is a drastic difference for me. even 10% is pretty drastic :P

best regards Lukas
Martian

Post by Martian »

You're fighting a losing battle there bud, and making this way more complicated than it needs to be. I've run both fuels for several years on the same car. Even before hondata offered the map switching feature. So long as your leaner fuel map is you primary map you're good to go. There is no need to reinvent the wheel. However, if thats what you want to do? Have at it.
Luke

Post by Luke »

my question still isn't answered...

my fight is serious. if necessary or not, if ever built like that or not is another question ;)

best regards Lukas
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

Luke wrote:my question still isn't answered...
Yes it is:
Martian wrote:The s300 can drive an injector driver.
locash wrote:The OBD1 injector driver can drive 8 high impedance injectors in a drag race application. I do it all the time with Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors with no issues.
Luke

Post by Luke »

@Jaker: the "how" question below wasn't answered yet.
locash

Post by locash »

Split the signal wire.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno