Part throttle hesitation

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
jdmEGhatch35

Part throttle hesitation

Post by jdmEGhatch35 »

Vehicle- 93 Honda civic Hatchback B20 Vtec with GSR Head 12.3:1 CR
ECU- P28 with S300 with a B20 Vtec base tune
Block- B20Z2 RS Dome high compression pistons 84.5mm bore, type r water pump, type r oil pump
Head- skunk2 valve train, type r cams, goldeneagle cam gears
Fuel- Competion STR fuel rail, 370cc injectors, AEM FPR, 255 Walbro fuel pump
Intake- 68mm throttle body, type r replica intake manifold, short ram intake
Exhaust- 4-1 header, 2.5" exhaust

I'm having a problem with part throttle hesitation. When driving at low rpm's (such as 1500-2500 rpms) pressing the throttle slightly it feels boggy or hesitates like someone is pulling my car back, but when given more throttle it goes back to normal. It usually happens after I stop at a stop sign then go again between shifting from 1st and 2nd. It also happens when cruising at a steady speed when I give it slight throttle it hesitates then when given more throttle it goes back to normal. Its fine at WOT. Please help me fix this.
Attachments
tune1.skl
(33.37 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Has this been tuned on the dyno?
jdmEGhatch35

Post by jdmEGhatch35 »

No it hasn't been tuned on a dyno just street tuned.
jdmEGhatch35

Post by jdmEGhatch35 »

Does anyone have any suggestions besides dyno tuning it.
Mr.Dc2

Post by Mr.Dc2 »

jdmEGhatch35 wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions besides dyno tuning it.
i have the same exact setup as yours check out my post. my sugesstion is to change out your maps and run type r base maps for now and tune from there. i had the same lag as what you described but i fixed it by playing around with the misc. area. i know its not a great map but it will do.
Johnny_9

Post by Johnny_9 »

Check & Log the TPS; Vacuum lines.

Base tune Part throttle ignition too high or AFR too rich. You really need to tune it.
jdmEGhatch35

Re: Part throttle hesitation

Post by jdmEGhatch35 »

My idle speed is set at 900rpm. I have a problem with it dropping to 700rpm when I release the throttle after reving. The idle also drops when I press in the clutch to put my car into neutral when coming to a stop. What is causing this and how can I fix this.
Last edited by jdmEGhatch35 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

move the idle duty cycle slider in the idle parameters imcrementally to the right and see if that helps
jdmEGhatch35

Post by jdmEGhatch35 »

I replaced my tps sensor it fixed the hesitation, but now it feels hesitate at WOT and it feels like the throttle isn't opening all the way. I calibrated the tps and reads -0.85 minimum reading and 107.23 at maximum reading.The tps is set at .5v closed throttle and 4.8v open throttle. Im also running rich I know I need to tune it but I want in decent running condition before taking it to the tuner. How can I fix this?
Quade

Post by Quade »

Have you posted your map? Asking someone to troubleshoot your issues without posting the map being used is going to be very difficult. Oh I see it now.
jdmEGhatch35

Post by jdmEGhatch35 »

Here is my base map calibrations the only difference is the tsp readings are 0.97 and 107.75 from my old tps. My new tps reads -0.85 and 107.23
Attachments
tune1.skl
(33.37 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Quade

Post by Quade »

Under Ignition Compensation in the Parameters section adjust the following values:

Set all "Throttle Tip in Retard" values to zero.
Set all your "TPS Adjustment" values to zero.
Set all your "Gear Adjustment" values to zero.
Set all your "Retard duration values to zero"

Go for a test drive and let me know.

No need to adjust these values to achieve normal drivability. Looking at the values you have in there I would think you don't understand/appreciate what these values are used for. I know we all start out not knowing, however, I would recommend you find someone who can sit with you and explain the basics at least. Failing that it would take a quite a bit of typing to explain. Reading the contents in help would also be useful.
jdmEGhatch35

Post by jdmEGhatch35 »

I set all those values to zero and drove it around it didnt help anything any other ideas?