ITB running map base idling in high load?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
FreshDA9

ITB running map base idling in high load?

Post by FreshDA9 »

Ok i have a guy whos car has switched over to the obx itbs. He has a golden eagle vacuum manifold split to all 4 cylinders and 1 line going to the map sensor. I thought bad map sensor so we swaped it out still idleing in column 8-10!!!!

havent changed to alpha n yet but should still run on map sensor. plan is to run map sensor base for idle and small part throttle then set up secondary table to switch into alpha n during hard pulls etc. S300 is being used.

Has anyone had this problem before or anything similar. this was also looked at on crome, ectune, and he bought an S300 so software and hardware is ruled out. Wiring is correct and matched have not ohm'd anything yet.
Attachments
Eric Start.skl
(37.62 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
erics map s300.s3d
(422.05 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
EFI-101 & Advanced Certified*
FreshDA9

Re: ITB running map base idling in high load?

Post by FreshDA9 »

I believe we have fixed part of it. he ran a new line from after the butterflies to the vacuum manifold and also to his brake booster. Brakes feel better and you can see in the next log will sit as far back as column 3. now we havent tried alpha n yet but with how the vacuum set up was before it would not stay running on alpha n. we havent tried yet since switching the vacuum source yet i would think vacuum wouldnt matter with alpha n either way.
Attachments
erics map 2.s3d
(394.3 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Try using Alpha-N
FreshDA9

Post by FreshDA9 »

i will switch it back to alpha n but it would not run last time as soon as it would start it would die. i pulled timing hope it will atleast run and not idle surge this time since no iacv.
VT-Doo

Post by VT-Doo »

Where are your vacuum lines connected?...On the actual manifold?
Ian

Morris Mini (B18C-R)
Honda Civic Type R (FD2)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2)